Vcds Vehicle Not Supported

dubber36

In a place that few understand
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I swapped my 2018 Velle for a 2019 one today. As soon as I got home I fired up the laptop to carry out the same tweeks that I'd done on the last one, but got the message.

The internet tells me that 2019 models aren't supported by previous HEX CAN interfaces, and that I need to buy a HEX V2 at over £300. Has anyone else faced this and if so, what did you do? I've been looking at Carista and ODBeleven, but haven't got a clue about them, what they can do, or how to use them.

Yep that's true. Re 2019 Van's.

I got the nexnet.. @Loz has the v2.

Carista is s cheaper option.....

What mods do you want to make?

Digital speedo, needle staging, gallons to re-fill, extend time of coming/leaving home lights, turn off winking fogs, tear drop wipe, locking when driving...

I think using an older revision of VCDS software (18.1 or 18.2) still does the job for T6. I believe the older revisions don't even expire. The BCM is still an "older" generation one.

I'm using 19.6.1, which worked perfectly on the 18 van

Yes, but they blocked MY19 vehicles completely in the software at some point this year as latest modules started to surface with "unexplained" errors. The new modules have more advanced communication protocol which the old (designed 10 years ago) interface cable just couldn't handle any more . So I'm fairly confident that your interface would work just fine on T6 - with "unblocked" software.

It will, and it did. It just won't work on the MY19 van.

Very informative video, thanks. I think it will do all I want it to, but does it need an internet connection whilst plugged into the van to work? That would be a problem here in the sticks with few g's and parking out of range of the wifi router.

Very informative video, thanks. I think it will do all I want it to, but does it need an internet connection whilst plugged into the van to work? That would be a problem here in the sticks with few g's and parking out of range of the wifi router.
Yes and no.

its a bluetooth device that will connect to your mobile phone or tablet. . . . . .

The phone or tablet then needs a internet connection . . . . . either 4G or WIFI, etc

so you can take it with you everywhere . . . . and when you have 4g on your phone you can plug it in.

in the video i used a tablet that was connected to my phone in wifi-hotspot mode.

Back