VCDS - Unsupported Vehicle update Interface?

David_Sweden

Crash Test Dummy
T6 Pro
Get the following error message:
20210404_201910.jpg
I have a old interface do I need to upgrade or can I perhaps downgrade the software and get it to work?

Thought for sure that I would be able to do my readouts with this interface.

Interface:
20210404_202215.jpg

what van you got?

the older cables dont work on the newer T6.1`s. . . . . you need a V2 or NET cable.

more info here:

latest version of software . . . ?

latest firmware on cable . . .?

latest version of software . . . ?

latest firmware on cable . . .?

Latest software (?) downloaded from Ross-Tech.com. (21.3.0).

Firmware on cable - Unknown, just plugged it in after installing the softare. How do I check this?

When I start the program and test the port I get the message that everything is working.

But I cant read the engine start and all the good stuff we discussed earlier. ☹
Oh no :cry: ... my impression was that the capability was limited only on coding/adaptations (=write) but basic things, e.g. reading measurement blocks were still working. Have you tried reading them one by one using Adv. Meas. Values (under Engine)? Can you do the Auto-Scan? Care to share it please?

Flog the old cable on eBay and put the money into a new cable.

I sold mine last week for £220 which would all but get you:

vcv2_20.jpg

Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 USB Package (3 VIN)

£225.00
Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 USB package for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda cars (1996 on, 3 VIN limit)

I put a bit more into it and got the 10 VIN because I used the old cable on 5 cars for family.

Pay with PayPal using the money you get when you sell your old cable and it could be in your grubby hands in a day or so without any PayPal fees if you don’t transfer the money into your bank before you spend it.

Back