iCan Mobile app

Hi I am in Spain and can't find anybody to enable the rear camera that I have just fitted, as this is s one off can someone please recommend the cheapest kit that I can buy just to enable this feature please?

An expansion on previous post.
When I first got my van I wanted to make some vcds changes / mods as many other have done on here, so I purchased a ELM327 wifi box from the internet for use with my iPhone. I then down loaded the carista app and was able to make most of the mods on a 1 week subscription. The auto door lock would not work to start, so I contacted carista and they gave me access to beta version that fixed the problem, so I eventually got auto door lock to work.

When I fitted my camera I again contacted carista to ask if camera activation was something they were working on. Not at this time but it may be something they will do in the future but likely through a separate app, Ching Ching!
I then went to my local independent garage and asked if they could do the camera activation. They did, but had to do a bit of forum googling to get the coding instructions, so it took a half hour or so for them to do it. I was going to ask them to change my auto full beam on speed (carista can't do this either), but I didn't want to push my luck especially as they didn't charge for the camera activation.
I then started looking for another method of changing my auto full beam on speed and found an iPhone app called "ican mobile" and I was able to make the changes I wanted.
The ican mobile app has a one off price, no subscription so seems a better deal than carista, but definitely carista is very simple to use and pretty idiot proof for the bulk of main stream mods, but it does have limited capabilities, as above!
The functionality of the ican mobile app seems quite extensive, read and reset faults, module adaptions, and coding changes.
I have had a wee play around today and it looks like it would have been possible to activate the camera myself using this app and my elm327 box.
Access the module, scroll to the byte then put a tick in the bit box, then save.
Note, there is no coding helper so you need to know exactly what has to be changed.
Also note, I have only used this app for my auto light adaption, and only reviewed the possibility of coding changes.
It might be worth asking on here if anyone else has experience using this app.
If you do install this app there are a couple of database updates to do before you get started, one db for the app and one db for the vehicle type.
Good luck.

Hmm interesting, not heard of this before. Only one review on iTunes though and that's clearly by the developer but I'd like to find out a bit more

Back