Reverse Camera Coding?

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi I am in Spain and can't find anybody to enable the rear camera that I have just fitted, as this is s one off can someone please recommend the cheapest kit that I can buy just to enable this feature please?

Hi Glen. Can I ask, How easy was rear camera to fit. Does it plug into the existing wiring loom or do cables need run to the headunit on the dash. Looking at adding one to my shuttle and then finding someone who can code it? Thanks
David

Hi I am in Spain and can't find anybody to enable the rear camera that I have just fitted, as this is s one off can someone please recommend the cheapest kit that I can buy just to enable this feature please?
Hi,
After fitting my camera I went into a small local independent garage and asked if they had VCDS. Luckily they did and made the changes for me. So it might be worth calling around you area.

Hi
I have vag com that I have made changes to my t5.1 ,can you still use this on the t6 ,as I want to install a genuine reverse camera on my new t6.
Also has any one fitted the camera and got advice on cutting the square out,I was looking at doing it first with a whole saw and then a dremmel ( avoiding burning the paint.
Thanks
John

Yes it will work on any VAG vehicle, you will need to update to the latest version to make it fully compatible with T6s though

I used a sonicrafter multitool to cut out the square hole under sized and opened up to correct size with a hand file. I must admit it wasn’t the best method and could have easily went wrong, luckily it didn’t. I did stop half way and was going to give up but after a few calming moments I carried on and got it finished. I did consider a holesaw and dremel but thought access was a bit tight so ruled it out

Thank you for your response,will have to update my vagcom

Do you have any advice on the reverse camera fitting (cutting the hole)
Thanks
John

I used a sonicrafter multitool to cut out the square hole under sized and opened up to correct size with a hand file. I must admit it wasn’t the best method and could have easily went wrong, luckily it didn’t. I did stop half way and was going to give up but after a few calming moments I carried on and got it finished. I did consider a holesaw and dremel but thought access was a bit tight so ruled it out

Thanks rob
I think my backside will be twitching when I do this ,it was easy on my t5 as it was plastic.
But got to give it a go

hi,
I’ve just put this in the ice section but think it’s better here. Anyway, I’ve installed a vw reversing camera to my t6 today. All straight forward until I’ve tried to code it with the vcds.

I’ve gone into the steering module (sorry can’t remember the number now as I’ve come in and given up) there is a tick box in the long coding helper that says “reverse camera installed” woohoo! However I tick the box it says coding excepted but it doesn’t change. If I go back into the control module the box is unticked.

I have tried scrolling accross the tabs before closing and pressing “do it” each time it says coding excepted but doesn’t actually change.

I hope that makes sense and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Don't think you need to code the steering module

PDC Module 10 Byte 00
Head unit Module 5F Byte 19

Just tick the two boxes that say RVC install

Hi, This is what I used to code mine. Its in Polish but the steps are the same.
Make sure you test it with the tailgate closed, I spent hours coding checking and recoding mine till I realised the camera does not work with the tailgate raised!

Touran_2017_coding.jpg

Hi, I have installed a rear view camera on my t6., high level with brake light on barn doors. I then took the vehicle to a local garage that has vcds, the mech code the park assist module but was not able to code the nav system as the scan did not reveal that as installed. Currently the camera image shows on the screen if I select reverse before switching ignition on, if I then select neutral and reverse again I have no camera image but do get park pilot full screen. I bought a VAG KKL obd cable from ebay but have not had any success. Can anyone offer any assistance near M25 M40 Junction.
Thanks

What van? Radio,? & camera have you got?

Couple of pics will help us too.

Hi, the vehicle is a 2017 T6 Hiline with barn doors, the camera is a aftermarket replacement for the factory fitted unit which is mounted on the left side door top brake light, the interface is that which I bought from Maxxcount in Dresden. The camera and interface are working as confirmed when I first go to the van, select reverse and then switch on ignition, the camera image with guide lines appears on the screen. I think that as soon as the system has livened up and the park pilot decides what it needs to do the camera image is then replaced with the parking sensors image. If I select neutral and the reverse again the camera image does not appear and the parking sensors do. The mechanic told me he had coded the park assist module in vcds but I have read that the nav module also needs coding, the issue here is that when vcds is connected, the radio and nav modules are not recognised during the scan and so do not appear as installed. I have also read that a security section in 09 BCM has to be dealt with before the relevant modules will be recognised. I have a VGA-KKL obd device but this can only operate on VCDS Lite which I believe does not have the functionality I need. I am a complete newbie to VCDS and indeed my T6 so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Martin

IMG_20190224_084100.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IIRC it’s only two tick boxes to tell the van the camera is present, one in module 10 PDC and one in module 5F infotainment (headunit)

Seeing as I’m such a nice guy I got some shots for you earlier, there’s two shots of each module showing the byte in question and the value with and without the RVC active/installed

27768EBC-4E2B-4747-BEBA-9405134A2A83.jpeg 698BA5FE-448F-4038-932E-C95EDA79619B.jpeg A285B6DE-4A68-4EBA-BB67-A52DF1C80143.jpeg E0EF4C59-E19A-47A3-95EF-F465ED1D213B.jpeg

Back