VCDS Options and advice

Glenn Board

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi I have been playing with my new machine, trying to work on most options, but I have quiet a few questions, so wonder if any of you can help with them all?

• LHD FOR LIGHTS I live in Spain, have a RHD van, so how can i enable it for the light to work correctly for here?

• AIR CON SETTINGS
  • WHAT IS TERMINAL 15?
  • Distance impulse set to eos jester etc, why not for the van?
  • Country rest of world? Why does it have this setting, and what is it for?
  • In 17 personalisation active, s cant see on my screen?
  • Park steer assist version 3 instead of 2? Why is it set to 2, should 3 not be better?
  • What is CAN gateway ?
  • User interface skin 3? What is this for, and can you change displays?
  • Activate voice without subscribing, is this possible through VCDS?
  • Predictive route data, what is this?
  • I have fitted LED driving lights, but occasionally get bulb warning failure light, is there a way to turn it off for daytime lights?
  • Being in Spain, i do nt find the air con that special, are there any settings to enhance it?
  • In engine section i unticked RHD as thought for light, is this correct, I did try to activate it and get options for use VCDS default Ot try values on the module, not sure what to do now!
  • Can I only change values in the installation tab, are all of the other tabs not relevant?
  • I previously used the Carista app, and enabled Refuel option, but now it shows but no read out, how can i fix this please?
  • Can’t find option to make the n/s mirror dip when putting in recverse, could somebody please advise?
Sorry loads of questions, i hope you can help, thanking you in advance.

@Pauly or @Loz would be good to assist, @Adams is very good with it as well.

I don't think you need to use VCDS to do the headlamps, this should be a feature in the multi-function display, it certainly is on the UK versions so we can swap it over when we drive in Europe.

Where do we start lol

LHD FOR LIGHTS I live in Spain, have a RHD van, so how can i enable it for the light to work correctly for here?
What makes you think they dont work - if you are talking coding cant see what difference it would make anyway (as you dont have factory LED headlights) ?? If you are talking about beam patterns them you will need deflector stickers or simialr on the outside of the light to adjust the beam

AIR CON SETTINGS
Not aware any are available

WHAT IS TERMINAL 15?
This is referenced a lot cant remember which is which but term 15 term 30 and X relief are reference points ie ignition on/engine on etc

Distance impulse set to eos jester etc, why not for the van?
No idea they are all like this mine included

Country rest of world? Why does it have this setting, and what is it for?
No idea not sure it has any affect

In 17 personalisation active, s cant see on my screen?
Dont know, what are you expecting it to do

Park steer assist version 3 instead of 2? Why is it set to 2, should 3 not be better?
Who knows

What is CAN gateway ?
CAN gateway is module 19, this is the module that contains a list of installed modules in the vehicle, if you access it you will see a list of all modules with a tick next to the ones you have in your vehicle, no reason to touch this unless you are adding a new module (like installing a towbar) or removing a module (like removing stereo to replace with aftermarket non canbus unit)

User interface skin 3? What is this for, and can you change displays?
Dont know what module you are in bu think its prob the default display on stereo

Activate voice without subscribing, is this possible through VCDS?
No

Predictive route data, what is this?
Guessing it relates to sat nav

I have fitted LED driving lights, but occasionally get bulb warning failure light, is there a way to turn it off for daytime lights?
In module 09 there are tick boxes to select bul monitoring on/off for each set of lamps in the vehicle DRLs are one of them although i turned it off on my van and it still sporadically warned me about them ??

Being in Spain, i do nt find the air con that special, are there any settings to enhance it?
Dont think so but you just need to dig around in there and see what you can find but including adaptions there are LOADS of settings lots of which are not documented yet

In engine section i unticked RHD as thought for light, is this correct, I did try to activate it and get options for use VCDS default Ot try values on the module, not sure what to do now!
Firstly wouldnt recommend changing something if your not sure what it does, if in doubt change it back to how it was before you started

Can I only change values in the installation tab, are all of the other tabs not relevant?
Only modules in the installed tab actually existing and are accessible the rest are listings of what exists across the complete VAG range

I previously used the Carista app, and enabled Refuel option, but now it shows but no read out, how can i fix this please?
Dont know never touched it

Can’t find option to make the n/s mirror dip when putting in recverse, could somebody please advise?
Dont think you can

Back