VCDS in Leicestershire

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Is there anyone in the Leicestershire area that can help with an issue?

I've got a MK7 Golf as well as my T6, and just swapped the Golf steering wheel with the T6 one, giving me a flat bottom wheel with the all important paddles.
The T6 is all sorted and working perfectly, but my Golf is now showing 'Error Gearbox'

I've plugged in my Carista, and it's saying incorrect software, so I'm assuming it's coded to except the paddles, and removing them needs the coding changing?

There is no separate coding for the paddles, just a tick box for MFSW.

There is no separate coding for the paddles, just a tick box for MFSW.

I've never seen that in my menu.
I don't understand why just removing the paddles has pulled up this error that won't clear on the Carista

Coventry is no issue for me, but let me see if I actually need your help, or if I've broken my Golf in my quest for paddles on my T6 :eek:

In the past I've used Retrofit in Hinckley they coded my rear fader on the stereo and other little touches like door locking etc

In the past I've used Retrofit in Hinckley they coded my rear fader on the stereo and other little touches like door locking etc

I'm just digging around the net to find clues. The car was fine before I swapped the steering wheel. All I've done is disconnect the battery, remove the flappy wheel and replace with my Highline one. All the original buttons and airbag are still on the Golf because I swapped them over. All that's missing is the paddles.

My van came up with loads of errors after too, but these all cleared with Carista, as did the multitude of Golf errors except 'error gearbox'

Just to put the record straight, and to appease those that keep 'liking' I didn't forget to plug anything in, I just must of caught that daft tiny plug that's designed to fit a Corgi toy car steering wheel, when I pushed the airbag back on, and it was just slightly adrift.
I only worked this out once I realised that the radio controls weren't working, and removed the bag to see why.

On the plus side, i'm now a dab hand at doing this mod, and can complete it in record time.

Good old search box :whistle:

Same question, different issue.

Anyone in Leicestershire that has VCDS?
The last couple of weeks, I've had an intermittent 'bulb out' warning on the dash, but no bulbs are actually out. I haven't changed anything lately, and I'm guessing it might be either my LED front fogs, or the rear sequential lights, because everything else is stock. I just want to narrow down which bulb is playing up, before I can fix it.

This is what mine started to do when the battery started to decline early on, but my light went off once I stopped and started the engine again.
Just a thought

Is there anyone near me that's good with VCDS?

I seemed to have lost my ACC over the last day or so, and I cannot work out why and checked all the usual faults.
There's nothing different done to the van, it just came up with the faults below randomly.

I've run my Carista over this, and it says no faults and the ACC, so I'm wondering if VCDS will show any deeper issues or just reset the ACC system, unless anyone can say otherwise.

20210822_155147-COLLAGE-2.jpg

Back