VCDS help - how to use

If you are coming to any shows or meets then one of us can activate it for you ?
Busfest ?

I hoping to get my van into busfest behind one of the bars, still to confirm wth the boss.

I still need Needle sweep and I want the lights to come on for longer when I open it at night and when I lock it.

Does anyone know if the fog lights can also come on with this feature?

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where to enter code 09-19-5 in VCDS.

this option is not in the adaptions list and I am not sure where to enter it (if at all possible)
all help greatly appreciated.

09 = the module number - in this case central electrics (shown as 'cent elec')
19 = the byte number in the long coding helper
5 = the bit number within byte 15 that you are looking to change

From the beginning click on module 9 - cent elec
When the module has loaded click on the coding button
In the next window click long coding helper
Click on byte 19 (will be box 20 as they start at 0)

From the numbers you give heres a pic showing it

IMG_3317.JPG

that is spot on thanks @Pauly , so sorry if I am sounding thick here, but, do I put number 5 in box 16 ?? box 16 has FC in at the moment.

sorry mate, I was being a complete dumb ass then, I now realise I have to click on the relevant BYTE number, so my last question is, if I tick the number 5 BIT box, will that turn off the front fog light diagnosis ??

A tick in the box means that bit is turned on, no tick means turned off
Simples :)

well that's what I would have guessed, but it was already unticked yet I still had a bulb fault on the dash ?? very odd, anyway thank you for your help, I have learnt loads about my VCDS today :)

The bulb monitoring is a work of mystery, most vans i have looked at have a sporadic mix of being turned on or off, i cant figure the logic to it
My van has every single one turned off from the factory ??

very last enquiry about this I promise @Pauly :)
in your expert opinion, if I fit led fog bulbs and then have a bulb fault on the dash, if I then go into VCDS, I should be able to turn the fault off ?? correct or stupid thinking :) ??

very last enquiry about this I promise @Pauly :)
in your expert opinion, if I fit led fog bulbs and then have a bulb fault on the dash, if I then go into VCDS, I should be able to turn the fault off ?? correct or stupid thinking :) ??
If you put the right LED fogs in you wont get a fault...

If you put the right LED fogs in you wont get a fault...

well, I put exactly the same bulbs in my caravelle as I put in my T6 panel van, no fault in van but fault on caravelle, (literally the same bulbs as I took them out of the van before it went) ??

TBH im not 100% sure as not something i have done, you would think turning off bulb monitoring would disable the light but if its already off ??
As Loz says for what they cost it may be easier to get some new ones ??
I know @DaveyB has posted a few links to the ones him and several others have used without issue

That's what I have, but they also sell the resistors(decoders) as an option.

Back