VCDS user - London

albiro

I've been attempting to get the KPH to MPH tweak going on my 2016 T6 by purchasing the VAG KKL 409.1 cable off ebay, and attempting to use the VCDS Lite version included in it. It took a fair bit of fiddling to get the correct version of the software to work with the cable, but once I did, it transpired that the controller on my T6 didn't respond to it. Since the software is from 2011, I'm imagining that it's just too old to work with the more modern T6 software, and after doing a fair bit of reading I suspect VCDS Lite won't actually let me make the necessary change, I would likely need the full version of the software - I was following this guide Changing the Speed Display on VW T5 California Dash Insert

I rang around some VW Dealers here in London and none of them will do it (I guess official VW dealers aren't really up on effectively "hacking" their own cars).

Is there anyone in the South London region that might be able to help?

Alvaro

Carista will do it, costs around £15 and you get one month free subscription with it so you can have a play with the features

I picked up the Carista OBD2 unit off amazon and got it delivered this evening, but I've not had much luck.

I've turned the ignition on (and also tried turning the engine on), I've plugged the unit into the port, I can see it lighting up red with the occasional blue flash on it, I've loaded up the iPhone app and it can connect to the Carista OBD2 adapter, but it never gets a response from the car when I go to Diagnose or Customize within the App. I'm feeling pretty stupid, because all the posts I've read on this forum suggest it should "just work".

I've got a 2016 T6 T32 Euro 6, has anyone else on a similar model experienced the same problem?

It does 'just work' in my experience
I have plugged it into several T6s (euro5 and euro6) and not had any issues with any of them

I wonder if the ODB2 port is faulty on the van. I've tried it with the engine on, the engine off but the ignition on, and no matter whether try Diagnose, Customize or Service, they all return "the car is not responding". I've tried making sure the adapter is in as far as it'll go, but I can't see it going in any further.

vLqNOFE.jpg

Baffled.

I picked up the Carista OBD2 unit off amazon and got it delivered this evening, but I've not had much luck.

I've turned the ignition on (and also tried turning the engine on), I've plugged the unit into the port, I can see it lighting up red with the occasional blue flash on it, I've loaded up the iPhone app and it can connect to the Carista OBD2 adapter, but it never gets a response from the car when I go to Diagnose or Customize within the App. I'm feeling pretty stupid, because all the posts I've read on this forum suggest it should "just work".

I've got a 2016 T6 T32 Euro 6, has anyone else on a similar model experienced the same problem?

It has in my experience taken up to 5 minutes to load info from van onto carista app, but usually only takes a couple of minutes.

If I go to Diagnose, it says connecting to ODB2 device, then it goes into getting information 0% for about 20 seconds, then it shoots straight to 25%, then slowly creeps up to 30%, then I get:

LTEohny.jpg

This happens on all three menu options in the software.

I've tried turning off ignition then back on, doing it with the engine on, with the engine off, plugging it in before turning the iginition on, plugging it in after ignition is on, plugging it in after engine is on.

As someone who does software development for a living, and whose main job is dealing with trial and error, I'm massively frustrated that there are so few possible options to tweak and yet I can't get it to work :(

Plug it in to a different vehicle and see if it works

For those interested, or those hitting this post in the near-future when they have similar problems:

I ended up sending some problem reports back to Carista, both with engine on and off, and they came back with "Send the unit back to amazon and get a replacement".

Replacement adapter unit arrived this evening, plugged it in, worked first time. All diagnosis and customization works through the app.

Alvaro

This is a bit of a random one, but I’m looking for someone relatively local to South East London (although not essential) that is willing to do handovers of my campervan to short term renters (typically 1 hour on pick up, 15 minutes on drop off).

I have a 21 plate T6.1 that I have been renting with my girlfriend for the last year. However, we’ve now split and it’s just too much work for me on my own. I’m considering selling, but would prefer not to, so have come up with the wild idea of asking the T6 forum! I mean, surely there is someone out there that is happy to do a few handovers in exchange for a month in a brand new camper?!

If you’re interested…… Of course I am willing to pay and am happy to discuss options, but off the top of my head, it could be a flat rate per handover, a % of the booking fee, or nights in the van itself…. I’m more than happy to work that out. Here is a link to one of the websites I have the van advertised on, so you can see her magnificence haha! Campervan for Hire in London from £95.00 "Jampervan" :: Camplify

Please get in touch if you’re interested. Even if you’re not located near SE London, there could still be options…

Thanks team!

Most on here already own a Transporter, so I'm thinking you're gonna need to offer cash as payment.

With that in mind you will more than likely need a VIP membership or a traders membership to post about it.

I'm sure a mod will be along soon enough to confirm this.

I'm new to the forum, had many VAG vehicles over the years. I have genuine VCDS, unlimited VIN. I live in Gloucester but work/stay in digs in West London (and have a LWB!).
Happy to help although, relatively inexperienced.
Hi I live in west London I have t6.1 and really want a digital speedo can you help

Back