VCDS help - how to use

PukkaT6

Pukka Insurance
T6 Legend
so after spending the last hour reading about this magical power, what kind of things can it do to a T6 Highline to make it better? (Im pretty sure I will have Q module so wont ask about the folding mirrors ha)

Haveva look at the VCDS area of forum to get a better idea of its powers..

Its easier than going through it in a post, and you will get a better feel for the system..

Auto lock and unlock and tear drop wipe are on my list so far - should be options on the MFD quite frankley.

VCDS is quite a powerful tool, there are many 'basic' settings that can be changed that alter the way the van behaves/performs but it can also be used to activate or add additional options and features for example I have added a rear view camera and front parking sensors, after physically installing them you have to make a few programming changes to tell the van the additional parts are there so it looks for them and communicates with them
That's one side of it the other is the ability to read and reset fault codes if ever your engine management light comes on, not so important if your under warranty but if your are not dealers will charge £50-75 just to plug a laptop in and read a fault code that may or may not be an issue
The other thing it can do is read detailed engine and operating info, you can run the van with it connected and view live data engine characteristics throttle position etc etc prob not used by many but things like this help build info for the community on things like pressures, temperatures, dpf info and the like
A lot of these things lots of people will never use but if you only use it to read a fault code a few times it's all but paid for itself and if it helps you fix something at home instead of paying a dealer to do it then you can potentially save big time but it's all down to individual ability, understanding and confidence in talking things on so holds different value to different people I suppose

Thanks mate

Just after a few tweaks to make it a bit better nothing major.

Tear drop wipe is the one I like the sound of most ha

Im kind of interested in the noose/beep on lock but not sure if it will be annoying after a while.

Now from Pauly's lengthy reply, which only scratched the surface of the system, you might see why I suggested you have a run through the VCDS area hopefully..

On my touran a.long time ago I had issues where my dpf was too clogged.
I'd missed loads of regens from short trips and it won't initiate a regen after a certain %.

I took her on a dual carriageway run at night and trigger regens from vcds and got the soot level right down.

What a cloud behind me lol

Please excuse my ignorance but what is VCDS?
I'm picking up my new(ish) T6 this coming weekend,, is the VCDS something that could be beneficial to me?

Hi @Andy Power

If you take a look in here VCDS / VAGCOM Information & Requests it should help.
VCDs is a cable and software which can be used to access your T6 brain with . IT can be used make changes and activate stuff that is no been switched on...
Not the best explanation but hope you get what I mean .

Ah, I understand, thanks for the reply. Is there anything that can be turned on/activated that I should know about?
Is the software free?

You buy the lead and download software for free
Not much you can simply turn on TPMS is one though if you don't already have it, if it's a van VW charge you £60 on factory order
It's more about modifying/tweaking settings and installing additional equipment as after fitting things you have to tell the van it's there like rear camera or towbar etc etc

So if I don't have tyre pressure monitoring in my T6 Highline this is something I can turn on?
Though this should be standard on all models as its more of a safety measure than luxury..... I for one would like this (if I don't have it, I pick up my Kombi on Sunday).

It's standard on kombis but not on vans for some reason but yes if it's not active a couple of tweaks with VCDS will turn it on

Did not even realise mine had TPMS until it flashed up at me on the MFD the other day. That reminds me, need to go round and check the pressures, not driven it since.

hope I haven't got the wrong end of the stick here but I really can't believe all I need to do to activate TPMS is activate on VCDS. I don't wonder what else the van has that st needs activating. I'm debating getting it now.

Back