Vcds fault help needed please.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
T6 Legend
My brother has a problem with the led drl on his audi being out and giving the bulb warning on his mfd.
The scan shows the following error.
I am wondering if it is the headlight unit itself or a problem in the loom.
Also would like to find the setting to temporarily disable the warning until the fault is fixed.
He said the fault was intermittent for a while but now is constant.
Thanks in advance.
3EB126CC-8D7F-4F9B-BD52-44A39F75D533.jpeg

No power to the module
thanks. Is the module in the headlight itself? Am I right in guessing it’s probably a bad connection In the loom somewhere? I guess that is going to prove difficult to find.

If it’s the same as transporter the module is bolted to the headlight
The faults reads as though the module has lost power, if there was an actual fault with the power supply (ie blown fuse etc) you would expect more issues than a single headlight so I would suspect faulty power module, easiest way to tell would be to swap the modules from side to side if poss and see if the fault moves or stays

if it moves the module is faulty, if it stays the power supply/plug is faulty but don’t overlook the simple things like a corroded terminal etc

If it’s the same as transporter the module is bolted to the headlight
The faults reads as though the module has lost power, if there was an actual fault with the power supply (ie blown fuse etc) you would expect more issues than a single headlight so I would suspect faulty power module, easiest way to tell would be to swap the modules from side to side if poss and see if the fault moves or stays

if it moves the module is faulty, if it stays the power supply/plug is faulty but don’t overlook the simple things like a corroded terminal etc
Thanks. hopefully it will be a corroded terminal the module and so not need a new headlight.
Is it possible to switch the dash warning light off until manage to sort the issue properly? TIA

Need to have a look at the diagram, are yours all LED? But as Paul says use the swap method to quickly isolate the issue.

Need to have a look at the diagram, are yours all LED? But as Paul says use the swap method to quickly isolate the issue.
Yes they are LED headlights. This is a pic of one off eBay
The bit that isn’t working is the strip along the top.
A62A7DBB-928C-49A1-B2E4-4F0007671FB7.jpeg
which diagram are you referring to? Thanks

Of course its an Audi.. I was referring to the wiring diagrams to see if its one module for the whole unit. As Paul says, try the module swap first..

Back