VCDS Derbyshire

musttriharder

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've just replaced my tow trust fixed tow bar that was on the van when I bought it with a Westfalia detachable. Bought a tow bar bike carrier yesterday and plugged the electrics in. All the lights work as expected, but the reversing sensors still trigger and there isn't a picture of trailer on the head unit (although not sure this would display given it's a Kenwood aftermarket unit? PDC and camera displays though). It's got an ECS Wiring kit

I've read through various threads on this, and I know that module 69 Trailer Control is enabled as I've got a copy of the data log from when I had a MFSW fitted, so I'm wondering if the PDC module doesn't know that there's a tow bar fitted. Anyone give me any other pointers to check, and has anyone with VCDS in the Notts / Derby area be able to check for me please?
Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't help with your problem but can I ask what bike carrier you bought?

In that case, I should be grateful if you could have a look at this post of mine as I suspect that the upright bit on yours is the same as on the XT2 and therefore, the overall 'depth' of the two might also be the same:
Thanks in advance.

Hello

Sorry I'm not digging in my car's VCDS at the moment. We're in the midst of renovations in our new house, and together with that a lot that's going to be moved (hopefully end of the year) is already put in boxes. The VCDS dongle is one of those things. Not sure in what box though... :p

But, I can maybe put you on track....

Apart from module 69 you have to activate the towbar also in another module. I don't fully remember, but I believe it was one of these:

Central Electrics
Park/steer assist
CAN gateway
(maybe ABS but don't think so)

If you have updated to one of the more recent VCDS versions you can click around in the long coding helper on the different bytes. Somewhere there you have to tick a box... (so one of the 3 modules above, go to long coding helper, click around in the different bytes, and underneath you'll see somewhere you can activate the trailer. Will try to think where I packed my dongle, and if I find it I'll have a look on exactly where I found it ;-)

Greetz

Hi all, I've just fitted some rear speakers and wondered if anyone around derby area could help me activating the fader? Carista doesn't do it so I guess it needs to be vcds? Thanks in advance

I'm in Sutton in Ashfield at the end of the A38 mate. If you can get some time tomorrow or first thing Wednesday morning I can do it

I'm in Sutton in Ashfield at the end of the A38 mate. If you can get some time tomorrow or first thing Wednesday morning I can do it
Hi matey, really appreciate that, I don't finish work till 3.20, I work at toyota in Burnaston so guessing 4 ish? Is that too late? Thanks pete

Back