Found VCDS Cable

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve decided not to pay VW to code my new tow bar and invest in one of the cables and software.
Anyone selling?

thanks
Ollie

That is a 1 off purchase and can be used on 3 vehicles for coding but multiple for fault finding.
I have the 10 vin version. Both are upgradeable to unlimited vins if you want.
Depending on the age of your van you may be better buying the new version as the old leads on Ebay do not work on 2019 vehicles.

Be wary of EBay & FB “bargains” there’re a lot of snide counterfeits out there that don’t work or can’t use the latest software.
Caveat Emptor

Exactly, the cheap ones dont always work and some of the others are selling for not much more than a verified new one with the capability. That said I did sell my old genuine lead with unlimited vins for £200.
Looking at the prices on the bay it may have been to cheap....

Huh. whats that all about. Vins. I purchased mine from them years ago and there was no limitation to vins. I checked a member of the forums last week, has that now limited my use for my vehicles? confuseddotcom

Huh. whats that all about. Vins. I purchased mine from them years ago and there was no limitation to vins. I checked a member of the forums last week, has that now limited my use for my vehicles? confuseddotcom
Not sure about historically, but the leads are now available at 3 different price points.

3 VIN limit
10 VIN limit
Unlimited

Maybe best to contact them direct and ask?

No. If you have an older lead then there is no VIN limit. However, your older lead won't work on MY2019 onwards.

I'm pondering updating my old genuine HEX-USB+CAN (Unlimited VIN) version to the latest VCDS HEX-NET Package (Unlimited VIN)
I'd be willing to sell it for £250 post paid (UK) if anyone is interested. That price makes my upgrade half price, the latest equivalent is £450!
With that done I will be open to help forum members with the latest vehicles.

As a note to anyone interested the one I have now works perfectly on my 66 plate Highline T6 but does most but not all on my son's two year old AUDI, it was quite happy with a rear pad change on that with an electric handbrake.

For those who aren't familiar with the differences look at the product description page here Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 USB package for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda cars (1996 on, Unlimited VIN)

PM me if you are interested.

Sold

No. If you have an older lead then there is no VIN limit. However, your older lead won't work on MY2019 onwards.
Thank godness. I was going to ping them an email when home but sounds i dont need to worry. I will never afford a my19 for many years so all ok there.

Back