VB Air fitted

Hi All.
Little late to this discussion. I have just booked to have VB air fitted to T6 T32 4 motion LWB. A E leisure of Northwich are doing this and asked if I had Led headlights which I have. They said this required a additional module at a extra cost. As I booked VB stand at the NEC show last weekend they did a discounted show price and did not charge for this and emergency valves.

Hi All.
Little late to this discussion. I have just booked to have VB air fitted to T6 T32 4 motion LWB. A E leisure of Northwich are doing this and asked if I had Led headlights which I have. They said this required a additional module at a extra cost. As I booked VB stand at the NEC show last weekend they did a discounted show price and did not charge for this and emergency valves.
I have VB air with LED lights & wasn’t aware of any additional hardware, do you have more details?

I also have VB air and LED lights, and the only extras I’m aware of were the auto level and manual fill options.

Hi All.
How much did you end up paying, mine is booked in with A&E on the 14th November. They didn’t mention about the additional module and I paid for the emergency valves

How much did you end up paying, mine is booked in with A&E on the 14th November. They didn’t mention about the additional module and I paid for the emergency valves

£4,600 + VAT (including manual fill & auto level).

I did get a discount because I ordered on the VB stand at the NEC. I did cost it with A&E a few months ago and it did come out at about £ 5,200 inc vat. This was for Full air with self level ,emergency and Led/xenon module. The show price was £4,999 all in. I have spoke to James at A&E and ordered from another of their lads at the show, both said a zen on/led module is required. I did go to a couple of other places but decided on A&E. Bonus I got the discount.

Reactions: Eli
well i have a 2013 T30 Caravelle with VB air fitted in 2014 which works perfect but im removing it to fit B14 coil-overs if anyone fancy's a go

Ok, that sounds fair. I’m thinking of putting air on mine. What I’d like to know is whether the air allows u to have it low for day to day, but then lift it right up (hopefully higher than standard height) for camping/beach driving? This way I can have the best of both worlds. If I go lowered shocks, I’m never getting on the beach again. So, can u guys tell me, Is an air bag type of system able to give me both options??

Ok, that sounds fair. I’m thinking of putting air on mine. What I’d like to know is whether the air allows u to have it low for day to day, but then lift it right up (hopefully higher than standard height) for camping/beach driving? This way I can have the best of both worlds. If I go lowered shocks, I’m never getting on the beach again. So, can u guys tell me, Is an air bag type of system able to give me both options??

i dont think VB air will give you what you want without some further adjustment (take to a VB installer)
mine goes super low and super high but goes to std height after about 5mph
i reckon you need Air Ride or something similar , i dont know to be honest as i bought mine with it already fitted

i dont think VB air will give you what you want without some further adjustment (take to a VB installer)
mine goes super low and super high but goes to std height after about 5mph
i reckon you need Air Ride or something similar , i dont know to be honest as i bought mine with it already fitted
Also to consider that VB Air is the only system certified by VW if installed by a qualified installer.

I use my van In this way.
But it's on abp bilstein and airlift 3h.
So you can set the heights to whatever you wish.

I needed to lower my van to use an underground car park in Bristol on Monday night. The car park had an identified height restriction of 1.95m, and I've measured my vans lowest setting at 1.93m.

Even so, driving in and out of the car park was nerve racking! It was over 3 levels, and the entrance was at the top, while the exit was at the bottom, so to get out I had to drive through the whole car park. I was concerned that the ramp transitions might riase the height of the middle of the van, as well as the height of a few speed bumps. I also worried that if I went too fast (over 5kph I think?) the VB Air system would start raising itself...

However, I managed to exit without scraping the roof, although something underneath touched terra firma briefly as I exited. It sounded plastic, and might have been a mudflap - or the fuel tank.

I use my van In this way.
But it's on abp bilstein and airlift 3h.
So you can set the heights to whatever you wish.
That sounds like exactly what I’m after. But it also looks like it’s a serious bit of coin! Need to shop around and see what’s available over here in Oz that won’t mean I need to take out a second mortgage.

I needed to lower my van to use an underground car park in Bristol

We had to do just the same with one of the Bristol above ground multi-storey car parks. Then there was that horrible scraping noise as we went under a barrier on a slope transition. Fortunately, likewise, it must have been the rear mudflats!

Back