Vb Air On A T32

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,

@Martinf very kindly showed me his camper today and his VB Air (on a T28), a very nice set-up! A question arose, however, and I was wondering if the feel of the ride would differ on a T32? If it would be softer or firmer?

I know very little, other than the basics, about suspension so any help for thoughts appreciated.

Best,

CZ.

Last edited:
My guess would be the same..
I've test driven T28, T30 and T32 and found the stock suspension quite different - with the 28 and 30 having a bit more roll and the 32 being more solid... just wondered if this would follow through with the Air...

We’ve had AB air suspension fitted to our T32. We’ve found the ride less harsh than the OEM suspension and less roll on the corners. Overall a better drive. It’s not a huge step change improvement but definitely better. We mainly bought it for the levelling facility and ability to drop the height for barriers and raise it for rough tracks.

We’ve had AB air suspension fitted to our T32. We’ve found the ride less harsh than the OEM suspension and less roll on the corners. Overall a better drive. It’s not a huge step change improvement but definitely better. We mainly bought it for the levelling facility and ability to drop the height for barriers and raise it for rough tracks.
I agree.
It has been useful in the odd car park (195cm in a Bristol underground car park), and below barriers for other car parks. I've measured the height with a Reimo pop top to be 193cm when set to it's lowest.
I usually leave mine in sport mode too.

@Markymark @Shaun Witts
Thanks guys. Really like the ride of my T32 with OEM suspension (204 4Motion). Just didn't want to get a worse ride with VB. I plan much the same usage as yourself Mark.

Ah, okay. Don't think I can justify that. Im coming round the benefits of air on our bus.

We have VB on our T32 LWB conversion. Wouldn’t be without it.
How do you find it compared to the stock suspension? a better ride or compatible? As i said i like the current suspension and my main concern is to avoid any roll...

I agree.
It has been useful in the odd car park (195cm in a Bristol underground car park), and below barriers for other car parks. I've measured the height with a Reimo pop top to be 193cm when set to it's lowest.
I usually leave mine in sport mode too.

What wheels/tyres are you running to get 193cm?

How do you find it compared to the stock suspension? a better ride or compatible? As i said i like the current suspension and my main concern is to avoid any roll...
Tbh, I only had the van a week before it went for conversion & I was running it empty, so can’t offer a meaningful comparison.

Back