Reimo Variotech 3000 bed

Herdygurdy

Anyone experiencing intermittent problems with their V/tech bed? The seat does not always pull out properly and ends up with one corner seeming to drop. When we then try to put it back together it is sometimes stuck.

Anyone experiencing intermittent problems with their V/tech bed? The seat does not always pull out properly and ends up with one corner seeming to drop. When we then try to put it back together it is sometimes stuck.
I had that a couple of times early on, seems to have rectified itself now (or we've got better at putting the bed out) not done it for ages now.

Ours has worked reliably in the two years we’ve had it with a single exception - it got stuck once a year ago and I slackened off an allen bolt slightly which fixed it.

Ours has worked reliably in the two years we’ve had it with a single exception - it got stuck once a year ago and I slackened off an allen bolt slightly which fixed it.
Thanks. It works more often than not but is frustrating when it doesn't. Maybe just needs more use! Will have to get out on more trips!

Thank you Salty Spuds, hopefully ours will settle down.
Just a thought, how are you flipping the seat squab out. I know it sounds a daft question but there are 2 ways to do it. If you pull & lift the strap at the back & fold out the seat base THEN roll it on the front cams, you can get it "crossed". We lift up the front edge & roll the cans, then lift up the back edge & flip the base over. Hope that makes sense.

Just a thought, how are you flipping the seat squab out. I know it sounds a daft question but there are 2 ways to do it. If you pull & lift the strap at the back & fold out the seat base THEN roll it on the front cams, you can get it "crossed". We lift up the front edge & roll the cans, then lift up the back edge & flip the base over. Hope that makes sense.

I didn’t even know it was possible the first way!

we lift up the front edge first but worth knowing! Thanks.

Quick question to you 3000 owners...
I am almost certainly going to go for this rail system. i have swb and wondered if it is possible to add the extra x2 Reimo Eurositz A400 seats... i don't mind if it's tight ;):thumbsup:

Hi.... does anyome know of a storage soltion for under the seat that MOVES with the seat? ANything on the market or has anyone built anything? Appreciate your help. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, yes can be done, need to make a drawer or box which is attached to the seat, it then moves with the seat.
Rgds
Ian

I know some kind of underseat storage was an option when we got ours (from CMC Reimo). I can’t imagine it would be very space efficient though. I find it really handy having the empty space available from the rear when packing long items.

Is it the Variotec3000? If so, you can order a drawer from Reimo. Mine came with one fitted. About £300 iirc. It fits the full width between the legs (oooeer matron) there’s also a blanking panel to close off the space between the offside leg & the furniture.

I know some kind of underseat storage was an option when we got ours (from CMC Reimo). I can’t imagine it would be very space efficient though. I find it really handy having the empty space available from the rear when packing long items.
Hi t0mb0,

Just looking into CMC at the moment - as a potential - convertor - would welcome your thoughts on them and your conversion, if you don't mind?

Thanks

CZ.

Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a Reimo Variotech 3000 bed on rails, 1200 wide to allow cupboard units. Does anyone know if these fold to give a rear facing seat to allow us to sit facing out the back of the van when parked up? I know some of the R&R beds do this but I'm struggling to work out if the Reimo seats do..

Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a Reimo Variotech 3000 bed on rails, 1200 wide to allow cupboard units. Does anyone know if these fold to give a rear facing seat to allow us to sit facing out the back of the van when parked up? I know some of the R&R beds do this but I'm struggling to work out if the Reimo seats do..

IMG_2907.jpeg
Hi, the back of the Reimo does fold down flat but its much longer than the other 'rear seats' on the back of beds. You could sit on it I guess but if you lean against the upright part your feet won't touch the deck unless you've got really really long legs lol.!...ill try it out at the weekend and let you know. :cool:

Back