VanWest

Day out at VanWest today with the family, finally got to meet @T6dder and family which was nice and caught up with Mr & Mrs @VanBlanc and their little dog fred !

Met @Dean@VanDoc today and checked out a few of his vans on display, some very nice work there
IMG_4695[1].JPG IMG_4696[1].JPG

Had a good chat with Ed from Celtic Motorhomes, nice friendly guy with a good reputation (hope to see him on the forum ??)

IMG_4699[1].JPG

Also had chance to checkout the Outdoor Technical stand, will be getting a modified passenger seat hinge ordered ASAP, cant believe such a small difference to the seat angle makes it so much more comfy !

IMG_4703[1].JPG

Ish, plenty of people around, busy enough but very relaxed was quite impressed with the place

Had a good chat with Ed from Celtic Motorhomes, nice friendly guy with a good reputation (hope to see him on the forum ??)

Ed's a really good guy, with a great team. If anyone is thinking of a conversion they should definately have him on the list of people to see.

No we don’t trade any shows we go to, we camp with everyone else and get pissed :thumbsup:

Well I was well excited about going to vanwest !! Couldn't go for weekend (luckily it turns out) so went for just the Sunday it was a lovely sunny day .now I must have somehow got totally the wrong idea.I was expecting a van show there was no such thing went into the roped off show van area there were some nice looking vans but they were all shut up .there was 1 just 1 man with his van on display had a great chat with him he had built his internal himself and finished with burning technique he had made stunning job of it and gave me some great advice he even took the time to show my wife exactly how his MS Craft seat worked so thanks to him .for me that was the one and only highlight of the day.i was expecting there to be trade stands selling parts to do with converting vans well there was a couple but I was expecting there to be vendors selling electrical fittings etc etc had big list of things I needed bought nothing .also I thought there would be van conversion company's there but no not one.really I think it was camping weekend for transporters.and should of been advertised as such ! Are all the shows as poor as this?? I've been to lots of car and motorcycle shows that could really teach vanwest how to make it an event.i only paid £10 each to get in and yet still feel I was well overcharged.

Sounds like you were looking for something akin to The Caravan, Camping and Motorhome show at the NEC. Lots of what you were looking for there.

Ah thanks don't understand what the actual attraction was for people to go to this event was really just a campsite!

Sounds like it was more of a local meet, but I don't really know as I've never been to one (I haven't even got a van yet!! :D).

It was my first time at the CCM in February. I spent 2 days there and was absolutely knackered by the end (and significantly poorer!), but had a great time. Four large exhibition halls full of tents, caravans, campervans, awnings and all the associated paraphernalia. Next one is in October, though I'm not sure if that one will be as big (suspect it will be).

Well they advertised it as a VW show there wasn't any show I mean it was probably fine for vanners to meet up and camp.but for people who read about it must have been disappointed too!

Especially if you just went just for the day I would like to speak to organizer's really.ordinary little car shows are much better.it was very poor.

Especially if you just went just for the day I would like to speak to organizer's really.ordinary little car shows are much better.it was very poor.
I think you just need to move on and don't go again, it clearly wasn't for you.

Thanks for the advice did others enjoy it?? I can see that camping there with friends would have been fun.

@Jonner yes I went for the weekend and it was on the modist side. Going on Sunday is never the best day because that’s when people are leaving and the stalls close early etc (but there wasn’t much there anyway). What you are looking for is busfest. That really is a good show and pretty much all the stalls which your looking for. It’s supposed to be the biggest in Europe. But again, don’t go on a Sunday as people are leaving and the stalls are closing

Thanks John so it was below par then thank goodness for that would hate to think they were all that poor .did you happen to see the guys van with burnt wood effect I expected a lot more like him to be there.he was really helpful and informative.

Back