VanStyle advising against 275/40/19

If you have a smaller rolling circumference, won't your van be clocking more miles that the speedo is calibrated for?
Reason being that the wheel will be turning more times than previously with a larger rolling circumference.
I'm talking about replacing my 17" rims + high profile tyres with 19" rims with the lowest profile load rated tyre I can, so I can stay as close to the current stock radius, for the reason you explained ;o) Check out https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=40&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=45

If you have a smaller rolling circumference, won't your van be clocking more miles that the speedo is calibrated for?
Reason being that the wheel will be turning more times than previously with a larger rolling circumference.

I think the change on rolling radius proposed is minimal and hence why the speedo will actually read bang on that of the GPS readout...

So odometer accuracy is unlikely to be compromised...

A 275/40/19 has a larger rolling radius than a stock tyre not smaller so you will be covering a slightly greater distance which each turn of the wheel (you will be going faster given the same engine RPM).
Speedos generally play it safe and overstate you MPH (so it will tell you your doing 70, but actually your doing 66 for example) with a 275/40/19 i found it slightly under reads, so when the speedo tells me im doing 70, im actually doing 73, whilst not a massive issue it can be corrected very simply using VCDS.

Back