Vanshades

My ten pence worth I order a carpeted one for sliding door first set came wrong colour second was like a banana the outer shell had been glued to the inner one wrong so it rocked in the window frame having never fitted before I didn’t notice this till two hours later of swearing and head scratching Took a few emails and pictures to PROVE! I was right as I to had the defensive it must be you attitude, so another blind sent out which did fit as I t should have and I am now pleased with it . my advice would also to carpet the door frame so you can get a better light seal around the edges And can add more carpet in any gaps ,also didn’t open the door with the blinds down or you’ll scratch along the side of the van I don’t understand why they haven’t redesigned the Handel again a simple job or as I have and cut it in half
Scratching the van n stuff........... Terrifying!

I’ve got some van shades in the basket in their site. So am I right in thinking that even the side pods are screwed into the metal of the van? Surely they have hidden trim fixings and just clip in?

As far as I can see from the recent videos they all screw in.

I was very tempted by van shades but I manufacture blinds for a living and no the real cost and just couldn’t justify the cost, I appreciate the design process and surround costs etc but still.

Reactions: Rg_
There's a couple of mixed comments on here about Vanshades. Obviously we can all only relate our own experiences, so here is mine.

I bought the Barn Door Window Pods recently. I will put up a separate post on the product in the relevant section.

Delivery was a couple of days past the stated three week lead time, however I did get an email and a phone call before this to explain that there was a delay due to covid-related supplier issues, entirely understandable even though I was naturally disappointed.

There was an issue with the location of the tab (handle); an email was swiftly answered to my satisfaction, so I got on with fitting.

All went more or less smoothly. From previous discussion on here I knew what to expect in terms of fit (more details in the product post); I could not get the top screw in where the instructions indicated so had to go lower, which has left me with a visible screw hole.

Happily used the product for a weekend away when we found that 3 of the 4 screws had come loose. Some Gorilla tape held the pods secure, and an email was sent on Sunday night. Early Monday there was a reply, and very quickly we arranged to go to Barnsley to have the pods looked at and fitted securely, with a chasing phone call to me when I hadn't replied swiftly!

Arrived to Vanshades in Barnsley early on Wednesday morning, Jack came out and offered me a coffee, and set about sorting my window pods.

So, it turns out it wasn't my incompetence in fitting, the instructions were incomplete. Screws replaced, and the additional screws (which were in the packet, but NOT in the instructions or the video!) held them firmly in place.

Jack was very apologetic, after our emails he had reviewed the instructions and realised there was a gap in them, and said his next task was to rewrite them. I explained about the problem I had with the top screw, and Jack accepted my comment, and said they will review the fitting instructions.

The pods were refitted fitted quickly and securely. I didn't feel rushed or as if I was a nuisance, it felt like a genuine effort to make sure I was entirely satisfied. I was just starting on my way back to Manchester when the owner, Peter, nipped over to make sure that I was happy and all had been sorted.

All in all, very satisfied with the response to the situation, and felt very valued as a customer.

See my post with pictures here

Anyone else had fitting issues with vanshades? I’ve taken order of my side windows, planned on seeing how these were before buying the barn doors as well.

currently awaiting confirmation they’re the correct ones as they don’t seem to exactly fit well …

7706EBA7-AED9-437F-9336-DA4974C7958D.jpeg

6C84C76B-45DD-4583-B793-AFC0F6D4634A.jpeg

D66CFF34-AEDF-4656-AB53-86DABC07DE50.jpeg

8C8CD2D5-3FF5-4380-B78E-F775D11AEABB.jpeg

I’ve spoke to the customer service at @Vanshades but after confirming I’d removed the top window trim, haven’t heard anything back as of yet
Did you get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue with the one behind the driver's seat and am currently speaking to VanShades. Mine appear to be straight but this seems like an issue in itself as the van body has a slight contour. Sliding door one fits perfectly.

@Butcher8109 Did you sort this after? Just received my Vanshades but it looks like mine wont fit around the OEM window sliders to sit flush.

Anyone else had fitting issues for window pod J behind the driver with OEM window?

Last edited:
No but keen to here how this pans out as I’m sat with a couple in my basket for the OE sliding windows at present.

Hope you get it sorted

I'm going to have another look tomorrow and take some measurements of the aperture to check it's not me......if not i'll get on the phone Monday and hopefully they will sort it out.

All fitted ……I had to remove the top and bottom trim from the window runners and it fits then .

Any chance of some pictures of how it looks once fitted, and showing the trim removed?

Glad you got them in, happy with them once fitted?

Yeah they look good now fitted and i'm happy........sorry i forgot to take a picture of the trim removed. All you need to do is pop on trim removal tool in and twist as you move along and the trim pops off easily.

I see your only in Bristol so i would happily help you fit yours. I'm only in Cwmbran so just over the bridge.

Thanks for the offer very kind.

I’ll likely be ordering end of the month and will see how it goes from there.

@Butcher8109 Did you sort this after? Just received my Vanshades but it looks like mine wont fit around the OEM window sliders to sit flush.

Anyone else had fitting issues for window pod J behind the driver with OEM window?

Sorry mate only just picked this up.
Essentially Vanshades told me that they weren’t happy with the fitment around the Kombi doors and windows themselves and that they’re ‘working to improve this with a new version’
I asked if I should bother buying the barn door ones and the guy actually advised I wait until they amend the fitment.

This was long before they changed premises as they said they were getting that out the way before working on new moulds etc.

They said they’d take mine back when they get the new frame design and swap the blinds into the new ones … never heard from them again!

I fitted black out thermal curtains to the back and just as happy to be fair.

Not exactly a great experience for me!

Back