Vanshades Vs Swellshades

Hi.
Great work. Looks amazing.
How do you have an aluminium edge around before the carpeted blinds? It hides the body work paint on the fixed side nicely.
The aluminium design is an option from them and if you have a kombi with oem windows then this is the design with the 2 sections. The carpeted section id further out which allows more room for the window etc.

If you ignore the blurriness, I have this one (it's at night time).

View attachment 60051

According to my converter, my swellshades were supplied with one having the screen going down the way and the other having the screen going up the way which is why the two clips are opposite each other rather than the same.
It is a wee bit of an annoyance as I do like things to match.
Hi your shades look great. What do you put on the front windscreen and 2 side windows? Do you get condensation? Thanks very much

Hi your shades look great. What do you put on the front windscreen and 2 side windows? Do you get condensation? Thanks very much

We have these ones. The side windows attach by magnets. The front window has elastic to attach on to the visors and then poppers on the sides.
We find them brilliant, others have said the poppers can be a bit weak.

We also use the front windscreen one as an emergency curtain as it can hook on to each of the coat hooks in the back of the van (attached to the pillars behind the front seats). Means if we need the loo, it quickly provides a screen.

We are very pleased.
:)

We have these ones. The side windows attach by magnets. The front window has elastic to attach on to the visors and then poppers on the sides.
We find them brilliant, others have said the poppers can be a bit weak.

We also use the front windscreen one as an emergency curtain as it can hook on to each of the coat hooks in the back of the van (attached to the pillars behind the front seats). Means if we need the loo, it quickly provides a screen.

We are very pleased.
Fabulous. Thank you very much for the recommendation. Do you get any condensation?

We do, but I think you will get condensation with anything.

I watch a lot of youtubers and they recommended a karchers window vac. We use ours and it is amazing.
My husband's recommendation would be to get window deflectors and have your windows open about maybe half an inch. won't let the rain in but also stops the condensation as much.

Fabulous. Great recommendations. Thank you very much. My van is being lined & sound deadened and electrics & bed in Feb. Can't wait. On basis of this thread I am ordering swell shades and just trying to figure out windscreen and front. You've helped a lot. Thank you very much

Has anyone ever removed a vanshade from its frame and fitted it directly to the window?
My shade cannot be fitted because it is not compatible with my kitchen unit which covers part of the window space.
It does look like a swellshade could be fitted but wouldn't be an exact match.
Was thinking if the vanshade could be fitted directly onto the metal window surround it would solve the problem ( but might be too short without the vanshade surround.
Not sure what way the holding slips are attached to surround as it's carpeted.

Has anyone used an alternative to the 50mm hex screws for securing vanshades. I'm reluctant to put holes in her.....

Back