Vanshades fitting video

@andythom188 , had a thought about your van shades m8, might be OTT, but will suggest anyway...

Before fitting the rears, try the sliders.. The reason I say this is in case they have movement vertically, and you land up fitting the rears first at a higher height than the sliders? Masking tape on carpet and a pen mark showing level of top/bottom of the blind at trial fit?

Might be a bit OTT or OCD?

@andythom188 , had a thought about your van shades m8, might be OTT, but will suggest anyway...

Before fitting the rears, try the sliders.. The reason I say this is in case they have movement vertically, and you land up fitting the rears first at a higher height than the sliders? Masking tape on carpet and a pen mark showing level of top/bottom of the blind at trial fit?

Might be a bit OTT or OCD?
Good thinking batman

@andythom188 , the rears if so will be dictated by the sliders, as they have a closer tolerance what with the door rubber and the even gap around the door handle...

Hi..I've just got the tailgate blind..the trim around the wiper motor dosen't appear to sit flush as it buts up against the washer pipe outlet. Does this need trimming to sit flush?

Hi..I've just got the tailgate blind..the trim around the wiper motor dosen't appear to sit flush as it buts up against the washer pipe outlet. Does this need trimming to sit flush?

I wouldn't imagine so as they are made to suit. If your unsure, drop Pete at Vanshades a call, he is a top bloke and will help out where possible.

Y

You probably have to to low, on a hatch the top of the shades wiper trim area is in line roughly with the lowest heating element when viewed through the rear window outside to in.

Cheers guys..I'll give another go
Be careful, its a near thing with the top bolt, my advice is to put top in first, hatch needs to be open, or try it closed and push it up high.. Its the trickiest one of the lot. Especially the top bolt hole, and to get it in is a hatch open job.

Fitted now..had to cut a small piece out to house the washer hose outlet..but its a double skin section so nothings visible

Has anyone fitted the van-shades splash-back, easy or difficult?…apparently it comes slightly bigger allowing you to scribe for the correct fitting.

Back