Vanshades fitting video

@andythom188 , if your doing the backs, consider doing the whole back to prevent any rattle and squeaks? Just an idea..
Thats my plan m8 do the lot im a fussy bugger its got to be right.
I have messsged vanshades to see if he has any photos of rear shades lined but might aswell trim the lot

Last edited:
@andythom188 know what you mean m8, was the same with mine, as soon as I put them down it worked! Think it's pointless trying to match, as the pleats show its a diff material anyway, so contrast works better..

I'm glad you give me some info on fitting the shades tried the rear quarters yesterday even though I've got to re linethe backs.
There was abit of swearing going on in the rear of the van when trying to dry fit :rofl:
Not as easy to fit as the video shows really need 2 people to fit comfortably but it does state that on instructions

@andythom188 Yeah know what you mean.. It's easy after the 99th:eek:, try a prop or two from one side to the other? The ones that pump up like a gclamp but a pole? I didn't, but be careful that it doesn't move as you drill, and drill at slow speed? Bolts don't cut at high!

@andythom188 I am going to try putting some thin foam tape on the inside lip, or carpet to stop any rattlers and squeaks from the blinds when they are down and moving.. As the bottom rail could do with something in my opinion... maybe magnets?

Did you line yours or did Pete from vanshades do them , thought they would of trial and tested for squeaks and rattles, does my head in if have a rattle somewhere,
Magnets might work will have a play once I've sorted this lining issue out

Pete did them for me, not lined on back and think I'm getting a squeak from this.. Rattles and rustles come from the blinds being down and think the bottom rail "bounces" in the channel at the bottom, so plastic on plastic.. But then I'm OCD on this as well.. Nothing I can do about it, as need quick n easy blackout option for rear area.. Next is my design of a bed system similar to explorias but diff..

@andythom188 the reason that @T6 Dave can't do things easily and fit an @Exploria Ltd bed :(, which I would have liked for many reasons :thumbsup:, is that he has a purpose-built stowage box in the back that is a necessity ;), He and I both liked the original exploria bed and are looking forward to seeing pics of the Mark II :cool:.

@andythom188 the reason that @T6 Dave can't do things easily and fit an @Exploria Ltd bed :(, which I would have liked for many reasons :thumbsup:, is that he has a purpose-built stowage box in the back that is a necessity ;), He and I both liked the original exploria bed and are looking forward to seeing pics of the Mark II :cool:.
Nothing wrong with being unique and making his own to coincide with the storage box

If I take the van with me tomorrow to meet up with the two naughty boys that are @andythom188 and @Fish, might get them to help me fit the kombi bed as it is so blinkin heavy. Will just depend on (a) what time I finally get home tonight (the Mrs is driving as it's her turn so I can get my Forum Fix) and (b) whether we can lift it into the van from the garage.

If I take the van with me tomorrow to meet up with the two naughty boys that are @andythom188 and @Fish, might get them to help me fit the kombi bed as it is so blinkin heavy. Will just depend on (a) what time I finally get home tonight (the Mrs is driving as it's her turn so I can get my Forum Fix) and (b) whether we can lift it into the van from the garage.
Better throw the socket set in the van then just in case :thumbsup:

It's alright, I'll throw mine in if I bring the van. Cheers though.

Didnt think it would take long pal as it fixes to lashing points and bolted just above wheel arch in threaded hole

Back