Vankraft...brilliant. Recliner Seat Brackets.

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had the new seat bracket fitted Tuesday by Gordon.
Basically he removed the existing fixed brackets and fitted this. The duel passenger seat now is reclined about 10%, approximately the same as you would the drivers seat.
Much more comfortable.
The seat still folds fully flat forward.
M1 certified.
Great chap to deal with too.
£115.00 and he fitted it FOC in 30 mins.
Can’t recommend the bracket or Gordon enough.

Just had a look at their website, will be ordering one soon. I see they do the modded seat base to lower the height to suit a swivel. Anyone had one of these?

Just had a look at their website, will be ordering one soon. I see they do the modded seat base to lower the height to suit a swivel. Anyone had one of these?
Had mine fitted last Saturday by Gordon, perfect fit and really nicely finished, Gordon fitted while I was there FOC...

Another thumbs up for Gordon at Vankraft, I purchased and fitted his reclining / folding hinge for the double front passenger seat today, very well made and it feels substantial, all in took 15 minutes to fit with a good idiots guide but I do have a kiravans swivel base which makes the whole job a bit quicker... highly recommended bit of kit. I’ve also got one of Vankrafts lowered seat bases to bring the seat height down, you lose a little bit of space under the seat but well worth it if you’ve got tall passengers

Does anyone make a reclining bracket that can continue to recline beyond just the 10% (i.e. as in a car recliner).

Also had this fitted by Gordon, didn’t realise how bad the seat angle was as standard until my wife insisted I try it!

Why did VW think that angle was ok? :rofl:

I don't understand why no one has manufactured a recliner that has more options than just 10% Surely someone can make something on some sort of ratchet/cog devise that gives further reclining angles. I'm not bothered about the folding flat part as we have a swivel base.

no problems with the back of this steeper recline hitting stuff like usb socket plug etc when swivelling ? I notice when I swivel mine along with the hand break the drivers seat arm rest the lower b pillar and anything else it can bash and scuff into it also can knock the usb socket plug and the head rests are not that far away from the wind screen already with the standard vw angle..
I really would like this though if it works as it will also enable the ability to get into the back of the van without opening doors and letting out all the heat

Is the board that you fit in the back strong enough to stand on? Thinking it’d be a great and easier way of getting into the pop top?

Is the board that you fit in the back strong enough to stand on? Thinking it’d be a great and easier way of getting into the pop top?
I used 3 mm and would say no but if you used good quality 6 mm it would be strong enough it depends on the fabric as it will be slightly stretched . You could use some other material that would be strong enough and thinner I guess

Can anyone help with where I could get one of these back boards? I have the bracket but need to ply template or buy it from somewhere.

Gordon certainly knows his way around these seats, he carried out an excellent transformation on my T5.1 middle double seat, which had been welded to be more upright when fitted to back onto driver's seat, so it faced the triple seat, we purchased these seats to upgrade our Shuttle, and didn't realise why it was so upright. Absolute excellent service from Gordon.

Back