Vango Galli help...

That could be a good option, thanks

I think for the cost of an additional multirail :)whistle:) fitted (Approx 270£) you could make a shelter to suit your needs rather than buy something. At the end of the day it is only a kador strip stitch onto some fabric? maybe Mrs @BiTurbo could advise?

This is what I shall be doing to house the portable loo, for the kids to use at night.

Last edited:
I've just used my Galli for the first time this weekend. Great awning and I still happy I with it even though I paid the 850. Mrs Scott and I had no chance packing it. I tried to be all logical about the packing method but it quickly turned into a throw it in the van moment.

Ha ha...thats what I did with a wet kela and footprint the other week...it was much easier on my nice, flat, artificial lawn in the sun...oh and watching YouTube also helped. I've always been a fold in half and half again sort girl, but this method doesn't work...you've to randomly chuck all the loose bits in the middle and fold from one side, rolypolying as you go! Have to say, I'm not looking forward to packing up the galli! Or lifting it for that matter...it seems much heavier!

Ha ha...thats what I did with a wet kela and footprint the other week...it was much easier on my nice, flat, artificial lawn in the sun...oh and watching YouTube also helped. I've always been a fold in half and half again sort girl, but this method doesn't work...you've to randomly chuck all the loose bits in the middle and fold from one side, rolypolying as you go! Have to say, I'm not looking forward to packing up the galli! Or lifting it for that matter...it seems much heavier!
I'm sure you will be fine - it is heavier but its not like you have to deadlift it above your head or anything and once on the ground you can drag it.

I think it's OK to pack. I lay it out completely flat, then chuck all the loose bits into the middle, like @Veema says, so that just the groundsheet part of it is touching the ground. Then fold the two sides into the middle so the width is the same as the length of the bag, then roll tightly towards the open air valves, kneeling on it as I go. I've also got a strap which I clip round it once rolled so it doesn't unfurl. Then stick the thinner end into the bag and shimmy it down until it's all in!

I'm sure you will be fine - it is heavier but its not like you have to deadlift it above your head or anything and once on the ground you can drag it.

There was a time not that long ago when I probably could have deadlifted it above my head...Im such a weakling these days!

I think it's OK to pack. I lay it out completely flat, then chuck all the loose bits into the middle, like @Veema says, so that just the groundsheet part of it is touching the ground. Then fold the two sides into the middle so the width is the same as the length of the bag, then roll tightly towards the open air valves, kneeling on it as I go. I've also got a strap which I clip round it once rolled so it doesn't unfurl. Then stick the thinner end into the bag and shimmy it down until it's all in!

Likewise for my Kela, use the pump on deflate to suck all the air out the tubes, chuck the pump and the figure of 8 lengths into the middle and roll the awning round the pump. :thumbsup:

Likewise for my Kela, use the pump on deflate to suck all the air out the tubes, chuck the pump and the figure of 8 lengths into the middle and roll the awning round the pump. :thumbsup:
Figure of 8 in the bag as well - now you are showing off lol

Not helpful or massively relevant but we get on fine without an awning; yep we have the roll out thing most Calis have but don't need a massive extension; I can see it as useful with a non camper but not sure about needing one on a full camper conversion; there's four of us too.

Not helpful or massively relevant but we get on fine without an awning; yep we have the roll out thing most Calis have but don't need a massive extension; I can see it as useful with a non camper but not sure about needing one on a full camper conversion; there's four of us too.
Yes, looking back I overreacted in spending £400 on an awning to put my grandaughters car seat in when camped. I've now made alternative arrangements using a waterproof bag, and I also have the pull-out canopy type. I'll hold on to the Vango for now but I can't see me ever using it again and will probably sell it

I really don't know how you do it. There's only me and Phoebe, but we've so much stuff! My problem lies in the lack of storage behind the seats. I really wish I'd had the bed on rails.

I really don't know how you do it. There's only me and Phoebe, but we've so much stuff! My problem lies in the lack of storage behind the seats. I really wish I'd had the bed on rails.
Could you change it? I know it seems daft but I can tell it's really bugging you and you'd be able to sell the current one.

Could you change it? I know it seems daft but I can tell it's really bugging you and you'd be able to sell the current one.

No...I'm ok with it, but it does mean we need the awning because more or less everything we take goes in the living space and so needs to go outside when we get to the campsite. If I were to do it again, it's something that would be a must...in fact if I were to do it again I think I'd just get cali.

Two days in now with the Galli, very impressed with it so far. So much room I'm sure you'll be happy with it @Veema
The only problem we've had was when it was being erected face on into a strong breeze, the front porch acts like a large kite, it took one to hold it down and the other to peg it down. Only needed the two front straps and the four bottom pegs in the front in and it was secure. We have a Reims multirail and have connected with a pole and clamp rather than the more usual kador strip and/or figure of eight. It's been very easy to reconnect to the van and much tighter than we would have otherwise got it; we've also had some heavy rain this evening with no leaks at all on the join to the van.
All in all I'm very impressed

I've just hoiked mine into the van...bloody hell it's heavy! And huge! All packed up ready to go...just can't find the camera charger!

Early start tomorrow.

Back