VanFurniture Kombi pod

Has anyone managed to fix these to the lashing points yet or are they free floating?

Thinking of getting one but concerned they aren't at the exact level of the kombi seats when they are folded forward? Can anyone confirm it forms one level bed with the seats forward in a Kombi?

Has anyone managed to fix these to the lashing points yet or are they free floating?

Thinking of getting one but concerned they aren't at the exact level of the kombi seats when they are folded forward? Can anyone confirm it forms one level bed with the seats forward in a Kombi?
I fixed a sheet of ply to the four rear load points( took lash points out and used the M10 threaded hole to secure ply) then fix pods to the ply floor with L brackets.

mines a Kombi and can confirm it’s a good level bed, mine sits probably 10mm higher than seat backs due to the additional ply floor, but not noticeable with a 4” mattress on top, and it’s the “feet” end of the bed. Good bit of kit for the price I would recommend.

I fixed a sheet of ply to the four rear load points( took lash points out and used the M10 threaded hole to secure ply) then fix pods to the ply floor with L brackets.

mines a Kombi and can confirm it’s a good level bed, mine sits probably 10mm higher than seat backs due to the additional ply floor, but not noticeable with a 4” mattress on top, and it’s the “feet” end of the bed. Good bit of kit for the price I would recommend.

Looks superb! :thumbsup:

Is your ply on top of the rubber floor or did you remove that section of it first?

Did you take a look at the ply guys stuff in the end? Looks the part! Wonder what the quality is like?
I had the Ply Guys Assynt kombi unit and it was fantastic quality. Very sturdy, well made and of a high quality. I would still have it if I hadn't decided to go a different direction with my van.

I had the Ply Guys Assynt kombi unit and it was fantastic quality. Very sturdy, well made and of a high quality. I would still have it if I hadn't decided to go a different direction with my van.
Any chance you got any pics of it installed? Were you able to sit on it or does it restrict your head room too much? Really liking the idea of this type of set up as, when I don’t have my kids with me I can simply remove my Kombi seats and have stacks of ‘living’ space in the van.

I’m trying to convince the missus of the virtues of this type of set up but she’s still pretty keen on a standard conversion with rock n roll bed. I’m sure she’ll win obvs hahaha

Hi @pdnadders ,

You can see pics here in my for sale thread from last year Sold - Ply Guys Assynt unit

As soon as they announced a Kombi version of the Assynt I got my order in as I loved the look of it. The black finish to the units was lovely and honestly the units were absolutely solid.

The units have to be high enough to be level with the folded Kombi second row seats, so they're pretty high. I'm a short arse so I had a little clearance between the roof and my head, but anyone taller definitely needs a pop top.

Hope this information is helpful.

Hi @pdnadders ,

You can see pics here in my for sale thread from last year Sold - Ply Guys Assynt unit

As soon as they announced a Kombi version of the Assynt I got my order in as I loved the look of it. The black finish to the units was lovely and honestly the units were absolutely solid.

The units have to be high enough to be level with the folded Kombi second row seats, so they're pretty high. I'm a short arse so I had a little clearance between the roof and my head, but anyone taller definitely needs a pop top.

Hope this information is helpful.
That’s great thanks for the replies.

I think I’d need to see one in person. I’m 5’10” and would like it to be useable to sit at otherwise I’ll probably just opt for a fortywinks bed instead and simply use the rear as storage and sleeping. Heading to Lomond next month so may be able to pay the ply guys a visit. Incidentally I noticed in your ad that you had work done at Bognor motors. It’s where I’m picking my Kombi up from when it (hopefully) arrives next month.

That’s great thanks for the replies.

I think I’d need to see one in person. I’m 5’10” and would like it to be useable to sit at otherwise I’ll probably just opt for a fortywinks bed instead and simply use the rear as storage and sleeping. Heading to Lomond next month so may be able to pay the ply guys a visit. Incidentally I noticed in your ad that you had work done at Bognor motors. It’s where I’m picking my Kombi up from when it (hopefully) arrives next month.

The staff at @BognorMotors were all very nice people and I'll definitely be making the long trip back down to get more work done at some point. They know their stuff.

As for your height, fold your second row seats flat and sit on them. This will give you a rough idea on headroom as the Kombi Assynt bench is designed to sit at the same height as folded seats. I was touching the roof and that was without a cushion in place and I'm a fair bit off of 5'10"!

I am not sold on the use I would get out of a pop top and with cushions on the Assynt I would have definitely needed more headroom.

The storage available in the Assynt is missed as I had stashed loads of van/car stuff in there that is now in a cupboard in the house. Wife not impressed by that I can tell you.

Kombi pod from van furniture as much as a great idea it is, you can’t sit comfortably in the back .. usually just ended up lying down lol..
Opted for a full length Rusty lee now.CEE40F71-56B4-4686-9F6F-F81B514A6689.jpeg

1D633593-9FFF-433C-BCA4-35777DC31D61.jpeg

3C38625E-C36D-4CD0-8D93-578A3EC3F133.jpeg

Any chance you got any pics of it installed? Were you able to sit on it or does it restrict your head room too much? Really liking the idea of this type of set up as, when I don’t have my kids with me I can simply remove my Kombi seats and have stacks of ‘living’ space in the van.

I’m trying to convince the missus of the virtues of this type of set up but she’s still pretty keen on a standard conversion with rock n roll bed. I’m sure she’ll win obvs hahaha
I’m looking at options for a bed and seat area in the back of a kombi (2?adults and 2kids in the van) and have come to the conclusion that I’m going to get the top side of the mattress to line up with the back of the folded seats. You only have your feet on them when your asleep so don’t think I’ll notice any lack of comfort from not having a mattress over… and the lower seat means more headroom. would welcome any feedback from anyone who has taken this approach.

Kombi pod from van furniture as much as a great idea it is, you can’t sit comfortably in the back .. usually just ended up lying down lol..
Opted for a full length Rusty lee now.View attachment 145746

View attachment 145747

View attachment 145748
Still giving this some thought... picking up on what you said about not being able to sit comfortably in the back. Do you mean with your back against the side panels?

My intention was to put a table in the middle and sit face to face eating and so on but if its not a goer I might have to rethink and go with Campervan Conversions and Campervan Furniture

And eat in a drive away awning

Still giving this some thought... picking up on what you said about not being able to sit comfortably in the back. Do you mean with your back against the side panels?

My intention was to put a table in the middle and sit face to face eating and so on but if its not a goer I might have to rethink and go with Campervan Conversions and Campervan Furniture

And eat in a drive away awning
The issue with most bed units designed to be used in conjunction with folded Kombi seats is that they are simply too high to allow most to sit upright without a poptop. This was the case for me and I'm a shortarse.

Back