VanFurniture Kombi pod

my concern with the kombi pod, is the height. Is it to high to sit comfortably?
Also, what mattress is everyone intending on getting? I was thinking of a self inflating mattress.

Another question sorry. i was hoping to fit a hob or stove in to the pod. But the drawer segregation doesn't seem to be big enough? Any ideas?

they look great. I was concerned about head height. Look ok.
Also, can't you use the tie down points to fix?
Are you going to seal it with anything?
I’m 5’9/10 ish, I would say the head height is okay but not the best. But if your just lounging in there then there’s no issues if you were sitting up straight then with the cushions I’d say I was nearly touching , not going to cause us an issue.
You can definitely secure it to the tie downs that’s my next job, might try some toggle clips and haven’t decided what to do with painting staining or to keep natural.
I’m well impressed with this all the camping stuff bar the tent fits in the cupboards underneath it’s good quality and well easy to put together on your own

I'm also looking at a kombi pod ...................did anyone get the extra drawers? Trying to work out if they (or 1 drawer) are worth the extra expense.

I'm also looking at a kombi pod ...................did anyone get the extra drawers? Trying to work out if they (or 1 drawer) are worth the extra expense.
Will admit I did think of getting the draws but didn’t want to loose storage space.
After packing the van I’m glad I didn’t.

Will admit I did think of getting the draws but didn’t want to loose storage space.
After packing the van I’m glad I didn’t.
i can 2nd that.... for the amount of stuff you can get in a cupboard . there is dead space under a drawer and there's all sizes of plastic cartons for dividing your kit

Just put mine together. I got 1 drawer and one is going to be a cupboard.

found the same issues with the little holes at one end.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a hob which fits??
Struggling with the rails at present.

Has anyone stained or finished their kombi pod yet? I'm not keen on leaving the wood finish as it is.

Just put mine together. I got 1 drawer and one is going to be a cupboard.

found the same issues with the little holes at one end.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a hob which fits??
Struggling with the rails at present.
that's my only reservation about the unit, I cant find a hob either. I haven't bought the kombipod yet, for this reason.

I no don’t know if it would fit it does fit tidy in the cupboard, Cadac 2 stove I recon it be a good contender to fit

ssssssss
Has anyone stained or finished their kombi pod yet? I'm not keen on leaving the wood finish as it is.
i sealed my side bed and 2 cupboards with a shellac style wood sealer thinking it would help stand the grain out once its dyed and helps for even none patchy dyeing was trying different shades of blue but not happy with colors on the trial pieces but has made it a bit splash proof soaking in ..... so its still wood a year on ooops
but think i ll end up painting them eventually

For fixing these, a method I used in the past may work. Cut circles of 12-15mm ply and bolt them down to the load lashing points (plastic etc removed). Unit can then be screwed to those using L brackets or whatever. I'm currently using L shaped steel stair handrail brackets, bolted to vacated seatbelt fittings to secure furniture.

For fixing these, a method I used in the past may work. Cut circles of 12-15mm ply and bolt them down to the load lashing points (plastic etc removed). Unit can then be screwed to those using L brackets or whatever. I'm currently using L shaped steel stair handrail brackets, bolted to vacated seatbelt fittings to secure furniture.
Similar to how I've just attached my kombi pods, but I installed some 12mm ply across the back of the van and attached this to the floor using the load lash points, See picture as it explains better, floor then covered in vinyl planks covering the mounting holes. I then screwed the pods down to ply floor using L brackets. Note the rear mounting hole on the lash points aligns exactly to the end panel of the pod. Hence bolt heads needed to be below floor level, I had hoped they would fall within the pod cupboard! the front points are also on the outer edge of the pod so would be visible when opening side slider. New threshold cover also needed due to the increased height of the Ply and the rubber Kombi floor! Not sure if this is the best way to install, but they are secure and not going anywhere. Also didn't want to sit them on the kombi floor as they looked more makeshift!
Just finished staining with OSMO Clear Matte wax. They look good, its brought the grain and detail out of the wood. i will get some pictures up tonight.

IMG_4935.jpg

Back