VanFurniture Kombi pod

BennyBoy

Mountain Biker
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello
Has anyone used Van Furniture for camper furniture?

I am looking at the Kombi Pod and having messaged the company they were very helpful. The one part I didnt quite understand was that they say to secure the two pods to the wheel arches with screws just above the flooring because I am leaving the orignal rubber kombi floor in and not replacing with wooden.

Has anyone secured or even screwed a screw into their wheel arches? Good or bad idea?

Thanks
BenNEW_KOMBI_POD_2020-Jun-24_01-16-11PM-000_CustomizedView3662199410_png.pngNEW_KOMBI_POD_2020-Jun-24_01-13-57PM-000_CustomizedView56509496545_png.png

I’ve got a couple of van furniture units in the back, I’m planning on fixing them in using rivnuts so that I can take them in and out, can’t see an issue with fixing into the metal that is the wheel arches so long as it’s sealed against rust, it’s not as if the tyre is right next to it as there’s the plastic liner

Any updates on this?

I have a 12mm ply and I'd like to fix it with some sort of quick release system (toggle latch clamps for example).

Any updates on this?

I have a 12mm ply and I'd like to fix it with some sort of quick release system (toggle latch clamps for example).

That would work fix the hooks into the floor they would need to stay for a strong fix

Suki drill In threaded screws from screwfix. M6 or m8 will work with 12mm floor. Just need to make sure you drill the initial hole to the right width so it's not too tight or too loose to screw into the ply.

@Davidh great solution, it seems a nice alternative.

Also, I wonder if anybody has fitted hob(s) and sink into the drawers. I appreciate these are not wider as others, so I have struggled to find the right ones. At the moment I have got a couple of ideas for not removable hob and sink as follow (unless I go Campingaz single hob burner and water container + plastic dishwasher bowl):

55_72_dometic_pi8600_9103301735_45572_11.png
DOMETIC HB 1320, SINGLE-BURNER GAS HOB, 240 X 320 MM
To be fitted in the smaller drawer's section (400x250 mm if not wrong)

51M31pOYeeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg61swgOsIUmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
0.5 Small Kitchen Sink Mizzo Design 18 cm
to be installed in the larger section (570 x 250 mm)

Obviously, gas/LPG bottle and water/waste containers will need to be allocated somewhere and possibly not under the appliances (or partially). Cut-out birch ply will be made to fit the appliances.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

The more i looked into the single burner option the more i moved towards induction, have you considered this?

Following. I really thought VanFuniture was my preferred option but struggled with how it bolted into a factory rubber floor Kombi. Now thinking WoodysWagons

Hi David...I'm assembling now th pod and wondering where fix the screw in the pod.
I am al thinking to put two in between the benches for a bike fork bracket (removable).
What size/length did you use?
Cheers
I just drilled holes in the bottom horizontal supporting bracket of the vanfurniture kit. They aren't resting on the floor so I put a packer underneath so it pulls into the floor of the van. Cant remember the exact length of bolts I'm afraid. If you measure from the top of the horizontal bracket on the kit to the floor then take into account the 10-12mm depth of the ply floor you should get a pretty accurate length required

I just drilled holes in the bottom horizontal supporting bracket of the vanfurniture kit. They aren't resting on the floor so I put a packer underneath so it pulls into the floor of the van. Cant remember the exact length of bolts I'm afraid. If you measure from the top of the horizontal bracket on the kit to the floor then take into account the 10-12mm depth of the ply floor you should get a pretty accurate length required
Not sure what horizontal bracket you are talking about....sorry got lost. I finished assembling them last night but I have not even tried them in the van yet. Would you be able to take a picture of your setup please? cheers

Not sure what horizontal bracket you are talking about....sorry got lost. I finished assembling them last night but I have not even tried them in the van yet. Would you be able to take a picture of your setup please? cheers
I'll try and get a picture some time tonight after work if I remember. I'd give them a try in the van first and see how they fit. I adapted mine at the rear so they sit flush with rear door

I'll try and get a picture some time tonight after work if I remember. I'd give them a try in the van first and see how they fit. I adapted mine at the rear so they sit flush with rear door
Honestly, the worst instructions I have ever seen.... can't get the drawer runners aligned...tried 2 combinations and none works. Yes I wanted to give a try...postponed now :(

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a kombi pod from vanfurniture.

If so.....

Are they any good ? They look fantastic
Do you have pictures?
How have you secured them?

cheers
G

Back