Van-X

I bought a matt T6 dash glovebox, the one with the lid.

It turned up and I thought the quality of the product for the price was not good. The plastic was thin and flimsy and the door didn't stay open. After finding all of this out to my annoyance, I looked at the return policy and they wanted to charge me 10% 'admin fee' which I thought was a joke.

I must admit that I didn't have to battle much, I messaged him on FB and he said he will refund fully as the item will be easy to shift on.

Eitherway, I thought the quality of the glovebox was terrible and would do my conversion no justice.

Thanks for this post. Was thinking of getting a mat black comfort dash type glove box. The yell reviews and these posts convinced me not to. Nobody wants that kind of hassle and stress. I'll keep my well earned money in my wallet thank you.

I am removing my Van X glovebox tomorrow and putting it in the bin where it belongs and fitting the OEM one.My lid has kept falling off right since day one.

The curtains are great though:thumbsup:

I am removing my Van X glovebox tomorrow and putting it in the bin where it belongs and fitting the OEM one.My lid has kept falling off right since day one.

The curtains are great though:thumbsup:

@richi
Hi fella
Sorry ya going bin ya van-x glove box, I was going get one and pop it in as i hate the hole !
If you fitting an OEM one I was considering this too, do they go right in ? as the van-x one does ?
I've a my18 LWB high-line panel van

Thanks

@richi
Hi fella
Sorry ya going bin ya van-x glove box, I was going get one and pop it in as i hate the hole !
If you fitting an OEM one I was considering this too, do they go right in ? as the van-x one does ?
I've a my18 LWB high-line panel van

Thanks

There is a bit of cutting involved in order to fit the OEM box but for me the quality is worth it

Dashboard modifications

Just to add my bit.. bought a 230v dash plug socket kit from them and it arrived promptly, albeit with two plugs as opposed to one (they list the kit with either one or two, dependant on your needs). A quick email exchange resulted in the extra plug being sent out next day.
Pleased with their product and customer service. Plus I’ve found that Reza (I think that’s how it’s spelled) is quick to reply to questions others have put to him on some of the Facebook forums.

Can fully appreciate what folk are saying about the Van X glovebox not being the same quality as the OEM one. In terms of its function, it does the job but probably best for storing occasional use items. I keep my breakdown cover details in there. The odd manual for reference, and McMonkeys potty (Toilet training taking longer than hoped).

However as an aesthetic feature, it's a perfect match for VW's cheap looking side vents, VW's cheap centre vents and radio surround, VW's naff dash cup holders, VW's cheapskate LHD set up switch gear, VW's cheapskate LHD gear selector display. Oh ... and VW's horrendous standard steering wheel.

I think the tooling costs alone to manufacture something more exotic would be prohibitive for a small company. So I still say well done Van X for having a go. I'll be keeping your matte glovebox in play for the meantime.

20190211_121115.jpg

We're planning on buying their curtains for our van (Blinds too rich for us). Have to say that they are good at responding to queries, worried about the overall product now though...

:thumbsup:
We're planning on buying their curtains for our van (Blinds too rich for us). Have to say that they are good at responding to queries, worried about the overall product now though...

In my experience their curtains are excellent but the glove box unfortunately not

Just to add my bit.. bought a 230v dash plug socket kit from them and it arrived promptly, albeit with two plugs as opposed to one (they list the kit with either one or two, dependant on your needs). A quick email exchange resulted in the extra plug being sent out next day.
Pleased with their product and customer service. Plus I’ve found that Reza (I think that’s how it’s spelled) is quick to reply to questions others have put to him on some of the Facebook forums.

What did you connect the 230v to?

Where is you AC inked side or under bonnet? What do you use this for over and above sockets in the back - he says assuming it’s a full conversion?

Looking the sockets they are unswitched?

That’s the only socket. On a previous camper we found we never used the 230v for anything other than phone chargers that were 3-pin socket based, so I haven’t bothered with this one.

The battery charger is wired directly in to the CU.

Yes, the sockets are unswitched.

The EHU socket is under the bonnet. I actually ended up running the cable underneath the van and using the bung under the seat to connect it to the CU, utilising the spare line carriers that (I imagine) are used for auxiliary heaters. I didn’t like the idea of that unprotected section of cable being within the vehicle.

So it goes front - middle - front.

If I could have fitted the CU in the engine bay I would have!

Back