Van X Curtains

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have to say, despite the quality, I'm not that impressed with these curtains.

The rails do not come pre cut or pre bent which considering how many of them they must produce for Transporters makes for life being far more difficult than it has to be.
The rails are also not very maluable at all. In fact, I found them quite difficult to bend.
No instructions at all.
The plastic rail end tolerances are so tight you cannot get them to fit without cutting into them with a stanley to make the gaps wide enough to take the aluminium.

I'm quite mechanically minded and they are pissing me off fitting them I have to say.

Mine were already fitted to my T6 but I did fit a full set to my T4 I have to say my experience of them was much easier than you describe.......but also the track does appear to have changed a bit on these latest ones

Any video I find shows a really pliable rail but the stuff I got is super hard to conform. All round, apart from the curtains, everything seems a little half arsed and much more difficult than it needs to be. :(

dont be put off, I'd order them again in a heartbeat. Best quality out there and really are good at blocking the light. Just a faf to fit but definitely do-able

Ah mate you are so right, I tried every type of adhesive to avoid drilling but nothing holds them properly except screws!! Oh well. Also, instead of using the plastic end caps for your rails I recommend drilling and screwing tiny pan heads in. They'll hold the curtains and are a lot easier than trying to get those damn plastic caps on, which didn't hold my curtains on the rail either

Ah mate you are so right, I tried every type of adhesive to avoid drilling but nothing holds them properly except screws!! Oh well. Also, instead of using the plastic end caps for your rails I recommend drilling and screwing tiny pan heads in. They'll hold the curtains and are a lot easier than trying to get those damn plastic caps on, which didn't hold my curtains on the rail either
Thanks for the tip and also being the guinea pig with the glue ;)

I stressed over the Van-x curtains having read some not so generous feedback, eventually I got a full set from Veedub transporters, very easy to fit, all pre bent and drilled; the endcaps fit perfectly and the curtains glide easily too. Stretchy material which keeps them nice and tidy, the tiebacks were sewn to the curtains so they wont get lost which is handy. I also bought their set for the cab that are also very tidy

I stressed over the Van-x curtains having read some not so generous feedback, eventually I got a full set from Veedub transporters, very easy to fit, all pre bent and drilled; the endcaps fit perfectly and the curtains glide easily too. Stretchy material which keeps them nice and tidy, the tiebacks were sewn to the curtains so they wont get lost which is handy. I also bought their set for the cab that are also very tidy
Thanks, I haven't heard of them before, are they black out ? I know van x pride themselves on the rail having a separate guide from the screw guide to stop them catching.

Thanks, I haven't heard of them before, are they black out ? I know van x pride themselves on the rail having a separate guide from the screw guide to stop them catching.
Yes they are black out, I imagine they are made from the very same material, most of these curtains look very similar
Another thing that worried me about the Van X curtain rail was that extra track, in theory it sounds good but it adds to the width too so is more noticeable especially on the narrow top edges on your tailgate or barn doors where they might stick out a bit

Yes they are black out, I imagine they are made from the very same material, most of these curtains look very similar
Another thing that worried me about the Van X curtain rail was that extra track, in theory it sounds good but it adds to the width too so is more noticeable especially on the narrow top edges on your tailgate or barn doors where they might stick out a bit
Good point regarding the rail thickness thanks @Colinlp

Back