Van wont start after fitting MFSW! [Resolved]

Jbdubs

HELP!!

Fitted a MFSW and now my van wont start!!

2015 T6 startline.

Fitted new cables to port behind wheel pins 9 and 10.

9 went to light switch - was meant to go in pin 15 but I only had 10 pins so i spliced with red and black wire.

10 went to pin 17 (spliced) in BCM. But now i am reading maybe it should be pin 36 as i have a T6 but it is not EU6.

Van starts up then turns off straight away and gives engine management light! Central locking also not working.

Anyone know what I need to do??

Thanks!

Disconect all your wiring that you have added..

Then remove the battery -ve for a while to reset BCM.

Re try the van, if it starts ok........

Look back over your wiring and connections.... to see what's wrong.

Loads of info missing. What van?. What MFSW? Etc.

Some pics will help

Thanks for your reply.
2015 T6 SWB startline so no MFSW to start with.
I have attached photo of wheel.
Headnight switch i spliced into red and black wire and BCM i spliced into green cable.

36AF51BF-D951-48A4-B84D-C8EB93EE4A7E.jpeg

292EAAE9-AC1F-4FB9-9FA8-0AE3378860F8.jpeg

2C5D324A-03F4-44D2-B49D-1061CFB0C37A.jpeg

016C8A79-5878-49C0-ABF1-23F14AA54B2C.jpeg

Starting and cutting out immediately on a VAG car is typically immobiliser. Have you checked all fuses?...I wonder if you inadvertantly took one out?

@Jbdubs has this wheel been modified to work with T6?

or do you know if is supposed to work with a T6?

did you have CC before? (cruise control)

bit of background . . .

@Jbdubs has this wheel been modified to work with T6?

or do you know if is supposed to work with a T6?

did you have CC before? (cruise control)

bit of background . . .

it wad sold to work exclusively for T6 and I did double check with them before I bought it.
My van has offical retrofit CC which I would like to get working through the wheel but one problem at a time!! :)

Got a pic of the install guide?

What about the steering wheel and airbag loom?

What about the clock spring connections etc.

What about VCDS coding?

It looks like you picking up a LIN bus from the BCM and power and illumination from the light switch?

Got a pic of the install guide?

What about the steering wheel and airbag loom?

What about the clock spring connections etc.

What about VCDS coding?

It looks like you picking up a LIN bus from the BCM and power and illumination from the light switch?

This is the guide I used to fit wheel, BCM is different so used a different guide for removing it but spliced the same wire.

Wheel was a straight swap with same airbag.

turned on MFSW with Obdeleven.

thats exactly it, With regards to BCM and power.

Have you got it started yet?

BCM reset?

Disconected the MFSW?

Seen this post yesterday on FB, this is the place to ask, people will actually want/try there best to help on here rather than just slate you for it....good luck

Have you got it started yet?

BCM reset?

Disconected the MFSW?

just finished! Back up and running with BCM reseat thank god!

but nothing from the wheel. Not lit up or responding!

Seen this post yesterday on FB, this is the place to ask, people will actually want/try there best to help on here rather than just slate you for it....good luck
Thanks, yeah wont ever be asking there again! A reseat fixed it so shows what little they all know!

Looks like it should go to Pin 36 for shure

View attachment 68358
Ah ok, thats maybe why i am still getting nothing from the wheel! Maybe I also need the halo 9 remote control loom for the headunit! Thought it should work without it though!

Would at least expect it to light up even if it doesnt operate radio

Hmmm, not sure now. If you have a EU5 then this is saying pin 17 is correct :unsure:

Capture.PNG

I dont think the MFSW buttons will control the non OEM Halo radio/navi...... at all?

CC should be ok if you had it on the stalk before.

@Absolut5 any advise for him?

I had the same type of wiring issues when I did mine but is T6 Euro 6 so my BCM wire went to pin 36 .. yours maybe correct on Pin 17.

Your +12V splice to light switch wire I remember the wire as solid black !
In all event .. you need to remove the 6 wires from clock connector IF you've had stalk CC from factory as mine was ... it's all detailed on Chang1 post titled something like 'Retrofit MFSW .......... with paddles '

Back