Van Style - side bars and roof bars vs genuine VW

covbuggy

Hi All,

Has anyone used Van Style side bars and roof bars? They are fraction of the cost of genuine ones so wondered how these compare in terms of quality and looks.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

I haven't heard any bad comments about them and have actually booked my van in ( October) to have both items fitted.

I fancy the angled sidebars but i think only vw do them (black) ?

Cheers guys. I think I'll go with them.
The genuine angled ones and nice but the are over 4 times the cost!

Cheers guys. I think I'll go with them.
The genuine angled ones and nice but the are over 4 times the cost!

There are a rip off but are see if i can do a deal as im spending enough with them and been waiting a while, worth a try anyway

Last edited:
I have the angle ones delivered today but haven't had chance to open them yet and plus I don't have a van to put them on yet but that will hopefully change by the end of the week :)

Anyone know if VW do the stainless roof rails.....they're in the brochure but the dealer says you can only get black?????

Anyone know if VW do the stainless roof rails.....they're in the brochure but the dealer says you can only get black?????
Think they're telling you pork pies mate, I've seen plenty with stainless and my dealer was going to get them on mine but I wanted the black ones.

Well I'd hope so when I asked for them to be added to my order they said did I want stainless or black throw @chriscc a dm he has stainless on his van :thumbsup:

hmmmm........mine said his parts department could only get black despite stainless being shown in the parts brochure????????????

Went today and got my chrome sidebars and silver roof bars, very happy with quality and look of them. Only took 2 hours to fit.
I ordered a twin door roof spoiler aswell colour coded but when they went to fit it , it was warped.
They couldn't of been more apologetic and was given discount on my order because of it. I took another spoiler and will have it coded and fitted next week as my vans going in for mirrors to be sprayed aswell.

Total noob question... I have ordered the genuine vw side bars from the dealer... I assumed they would be the angled ones as per the sport line... is that an ill placed assumption? I haven't specified anything yet nor been asked which ones I want!

Total noob question... I have ordered the genuine vw side bars from the dealer... I assumed they would be the angled ones as per the sport line... is that an ill placed assumption? I haven't specified anything yet nor been asked which ones I want!
Could be as I have the none angled bars like the ones the sportline T5.1.

Could be as I have the none angled bars like the ones the sportline T5.1.
I think I'll follow that up!! I don't mind the non angled ones but I don't want black... the choices the choices!!

@Rob , I've just been mate and had the chrome bars and silver roof bars fitted, they've a good set up there mate and I wasn't sure over roof bars either, but gotta say I'm glad I got them now :thumbsup:

@Rob , I've just been mate and had the chrome bars and silver roof bars fitted, they've a good set up there mate and I wasn't sure over roof bars either, but gotta say I'm glad I got them now :thumbsup:

TBH I am all over the place with it at the minute and can not seem to decide on so many things. I am sure of the side bars at least but roof rails 50/50 and likewise with lowering it just because I still have the standard Devonports on it for the minute and that's before trying to use it daily and trying to sort things on the inside. :confused:

Just been into the dealer. I have a choice of pretty much whatever side bars I want! I'm leaning towards the T5's in Stainless. I think I prefer them over the angled ones that they had on a T6 sportline.

Went today and got my chrome sidebars and silver roof bars, very happy with quality and look of them. Only took 2 hours to fit.
I ordered a twin door roof spoiler aswell colour coded but when they went to fit it , it was warped.
They couldn't of been more apologetic and was given discount on my order because of it. I took another spoiler and will have it coded and fitted next week as my vans going in for mirrors to be sprayed aswell.

Hi Pedro

Do you have any photos of your van as it sounds awesome and I am soon to put mine in for styling upgrades and would appreciate seeing the effect of what Vanstyle have done for you.

Cheers :)

Back