VanStyle Roof Spolier

gsa90

Hi guys.

Im looking at buying a rear spoiler for my t6 with barn doors from vanstyle.
i was thinking of the non genuine one as i don't want to drill holes in the doors.
has anyone bought one of these? id like to know how well they fit,

Thanks

I've recently purchase a tailgate spoiler from Vanstyle for my Caravelle however I'm struggling to get it to sit correctly.

When one side is sitting nicely the other is like this.

Am I missing something? Was hoping to just bond this on but no way will that be possible as it is.

I've tried removing a little material from the inside on both ends but it hasn't really improved the fit.

Any help appreciated, need to get it fitting nicely before I even think about paint!

20231110_135859.jpg

I've recently purchase a tailgate spoiler from Vanstyle for my Caravelle however I'm struggling to get it to sit correctly.

When one side is sitting nicely the other is like this.

Am I missing something? Was hoping to just bond this on but no way will that be possible as it is.

I've tried removing a little material from the inside on both ends but it hasn't really improved the fit.

Any help appreciated, need to get it fitting nicely before I even think about paint!

View attachment 219501
Is that a fibreglass or plastic roof spoiler?

With two people (three would be best, you being the third who looks around it) can you see if it can be persuaded in to place? Sometimes they look like they’re sitting snug at one end but not the other, so when you adjust, they sit equal.
That test will tell you if it’s out of shape or from a poor mould.
A local body shop might be able to help with this test, particularly if you’ll be paying them to spray and/or fit it.

Otherwise yes, it does look out of shape.

@Ads_Essex its a plastic one mate, will need to have a bit more of a play with it and like you said see if I can get it so its equal at both sides and looks OK.

I'm sure I can grind parts out and play about with it to get it to fit. Just glad I did this before getting it painted!

Back