Van not starting p3054 00 (101) fault, resolved

Smr72

VIP Member
T6 Pro
A few weeks back I had the above fault, which I have now resolve with the help of @Loz

Van was running great until I went to start it this afternoon it clicked and wouldn’t turn over. Got engine management light and flashing coil. Got a bump start and fired up straightaway and lights cleared. Got home and scanned it and got this (see below). I’ve stripped starter had a look inside brushes and seems ok not burned out and turns fine. I’ve connected it to spare battery and shorter out solenoid and it fires over fine. Stuck it back in and got the same as before, click not starting......

So my thinking is either starter on way out or internal corrosion on main 12v power cable

1614803532052.png1614803559507.png

Loz suggested - Check fuse SC23 as that is in between the bcu and the solenoid. - All appeared ok

He also suggested - There is also a start inhibitor relay J207 in the E-box under the battery.
I’m just looking at the circuit diagrams to follow the circuits back through.

Also check the earth strap between the chassis and the engine at the cam belt end of the engine.
which engine do you have and is it auto or manual?

I stripped starter and checked it was all working ok, refitted and it would only click so then started thinking earth lead or main power feed. To eliminate this I tried black jump lead straight from battery to starter bolt van started first time. Remove jump lead just clicks, return jump lead starts fine. So it is an earth lead problem. Just need to find where.

All sorted it’s been the cable at aux belt. It was all green and corroded as cable went into clamp. I cut it off cleaned and resoldered back on. Tada fixed.

1614803900971.png1614803912792.png

Thought I would put up a wee write up which may help others, also thanks to @Loz for his help on this and also the intercooler fault the week previous

Back