Van-king Kombi Bed

Surfrdan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've only just come across these but they look to be another good alternative in the kombi bed market as well as supplying LWB shuttle specific models.

Does anyone have any experience of them? Look well put together from photos at least. I was pretty much made up on the Forty Winks but now I'm having second thoughts. By removing the scross bars and table, you regain 98% usage of the full van space and also the uprights give something to lash loads to inside the van.

vanking

3FAA6BC3-A87E-40BA-BFF2-1038BE35B8A3.jpeg BE1A6C34-6EA5-4196-8266-1EE3BC34146C.jpeg Just had this solution installed as a temporary bed system for camping trips and then have the ability to take out quickly to convert back to a standard van.
The thing that swayed it for me was the ability to to remove part of the rear support structure and effectively give me back nearly the full use of the rear load area, however the bed base doubles up as a parcel shelf and handy pull out table on for making a quick brew, so it will probably stay in more often than not.
Mega comfy as well, I slept straight on the supplied mattress with a couple of pillows and a warm sleeping back in the highlands for a week with no problems.
Murray is a top guy as well, worth a look if your in the market for something of this type.

Sorry, off topic, but are those the OEM ceiling panels and joining pieces covered with carpet? If so do you have any close up pics of them in particular the joining pieces? TIA

Hi all
I've got an exploria day bed in my kombi but would like an easily removable option.
Just seen van king beds and they seem very easy to remove so I can get my bike in the back us they seem to sit a bit lower than the exploria .
Has anyone got one and what are they like
Cheers

I have seen the same thing in Wessex van are they all the same and if you remove the vw fitted seats and fixings wood it devalue the van

All variations on a theme. The van king one utilises the seats as a base for the bed cushion so you would need to keep the seats fitted if you wanted to use it as a bed

Hiya buddy, I like this set up where did you get the bed from

View attachment 41208 View attachment 41209 Just had this solution installed as a temporary bed system for camping trips and then have the ability to take out quickly to convert back to a standard van.
The thing that swayed it for me was the ability to to remove part of the rear support structure and effectively give me back nearly the full use of the rear load area, however the bed base doubles up as a parcel shelf and handy pull out table on for making a quick brew, so it will probably stay in more often than not.
Mega comfy as well, I slept straight on the supplied mattress with a couple of pillows and a warm sleeping back in the highlands for a week with no problems.
Murray is a top guy as well, worth a look if your in the market for something of this type.

1B394EC4-E1A6-4176-93A9-EE2619E12485.jpeg 920038B3-2065-4911-B077-BF607433758F.jpeg We knocked ours up in an couple of hours after been let down with a hotel, £35 for box section, had some ply laying around bought some cheap carpet ....done, rear seats can be up and frame is bolted into 4 securing points and can be removed in mins or I just lift the ply base out.
Could do with powder coating but considering it as a last minute thing it’s great, we have since used it 5 or 6 times in Europe and Uk

Hi doosey,

Never even seen these until yesterday. Extortionate price for what they are.
Definitely going to make one.
What do you use as a mattress ?

QUOTE="Doosey, post: 204278, member: 2594"]View attachment 50551 View attachment 50552 We knocked ours up in an couple of hours after been let down with a hotel, £35 for box section, had some ply laying around bought some cheap carpet ....done, rear seats can be up and frame is bolted into 4 securing points and can be removed in mins or I just lift the ply base out.
Could do with powder coating but considering it as a last minute thing it’s great, we have since used it 5 or 6 times in Europe and Uk[/QUOTE]

We use a outwell dreamcatcher with a double mattress topper over it, the director likes her home comfort lol

Back