Van-king Kombi Bed

We used it with awning in France and it was great, used it in Isle of Skye with tail gate shut and still enough room for two of us and a heap of gear, will put some seat swivels in the front though when I get chance,

71D13275-7D89-40DF-A994-DEB51EE55B7B.jpeg

5ACFAE1C-349A-4ACE-869A-6211522E9766.jpeg

Hi all,

Has anyone got one of these beds? Have a question, I can see the cushion flips over the rear seats when flat to form the bed.

My question is how strong are the rears on those seats as I assume you will need to climb onto them to get into bed? I am concerned the seats may break. I am not a small lad lol

Love the idea just concerned about the life of the rear seats!

I’ve got one of them installed and not had any problems with the seat backs.

Well I've just taken delivery of my new day bed from Murray at van king.
Took about 45 mins to install .
The quality is amazing , superb finish on metal work and the fact it can convert from daybed to empty van in about 3minutes is great.
Will post some pics this weekend .

Just purchased our mattress and frame, having looked at many bought the one made by Murray at van-king. Retains all the under bed storage, with no frame getting in the way. Was fitted in under 1 hour. He currently makes for SWB and LWB. Can be found at www.van-king.com. was a decent journey from Norwich to Bacup in Lancashire. Lead time or order length time is 10-12 weeks.

I purchased one of a forum member and keep it fitted all the time as helps with sound deadening, whilst offering an extra shelf. Remove all but the side rails when I want to carry the bike (only takes a few minutes) and the loop at the top of the side rail doubles as suitable wheel holder. Slept on it the 1st time recently and though the mattress good quality its a little firm for my liking so just getting a mattress topper......

Hi Whitty, Thanks for the info re the bikes. But are selling 3 bikes at the moment, a White Bear electric that needs a new battery a good mountain bike and another kids teen age mountain style. So won't be using the tip for that. But other readers may. Murray the owner of van-king recommended a 2'' memory mat and topper. As he says, easily removed and washed.

We Have just had a Van-King bed fitted today by Murray and he’s a great guy, he has the beds in stock and under 1 hour all fitted and instructed on the different uses of the bed. Great quality materials and workmanship.

John.

Hi Whitty, Thanks for the info re the bikes. But are selling 3 bikes at the moment, a White Bear electric that needs a new battery a good mountain bike and another kids teen age mountain style. So won't be using the tip for that. But other readers may. Murray the owner of van-king recommended a 2'' memory mat and topper. As he says, easily removed and washed.
Did try using the Van King mattress on its own but just couldn't get comfortable. So added a mattress topper and now super comfy....

Hi @Linoleum Bonypart I‘m not fitting sliding storage in mine but there is so much room for storage under the bed it’s great.
If you need to carry anything large you just need to remove the cross members.
John.

Murray fitted it with in the price of the bed it didn’t take him long at all and very easy to remove also it rests on the rear folded seats.
You can remove a single seat near sliding door to give you more room to get into the bed as a section of the mattress can be unzipped and this gives a narrower bed.
We are having a double front seat swivel fitted and this will give us more room and easier access to the bed.

John.

Did try using the Van King mattress on its own but just couldn't get comfortable. So added a mattress topper and now super comfy....
I have recently had a van king fitted. Can I ask where you sourced your mattress topper from? Thanks in advance.

Back