Van-King Bed ordered

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just purchased our mattress and frame, having looked at many bought the one made by Murray at van-king. Retains all the under bed storage, with no frame getting in the way. Was fitted in under 1 hour. He currently makes for SWB and LWB. Can be found at www.van-king.com. was a decent journey from Norwich to Bacup in Lancashire. Lead time or order length time is 10-12 weeks.

Whitty

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I purchased one of a forum member and keep it fitted all the time as helps with sound deadening, whilst offering an extra shelf. Remove all but the side rails when I want to carry the bike (only takes a few minutes) and the loop at the top of the side rail doubles as suitable wheel holder. Slept on it the 1st time recently and though the mattress good quality its a little firm for my liking so just getting a mattress topper......

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Whitty, Thanks for the info re the bikes. But are selling 3 bikes at the moment, a White Bear electric that needs a new battery a good mountain bike and another kids teen age mountain style. So won't be using the tip for that. But other readers may. Murray the owner of van-king recommended a 2'' memory mat and topper. As he says, easily removed and washed.

Rioja John

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
We Have just had a Van-King bed fitted today by Murray and he’s a great guy, he has the beds in stock and under 1 hour all fitted and instructed on the different uses of the bed. Great quality materials and workmanship.

John.

Whitty

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Whitty, Thanks for the info re the bikes. But are selling 3 bikes at the moment, a White Bear electric that needs a new battery a good mountain bike and another kids teen age mountain style. So won't be using the tip for that. But other readers may. Murray the owner of van-king recommended a 2'' memory mat and topper. As he says, easily removed and washed.
Did try using the Van King mattress on its own but just couldn't get comfortable. So added a mattress topper and now super comfy....

Rioja John

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi @Linoleum Bonypart I‘m not fitting sliding storage in mine but there is so much room for storage under the bed it’s great.
If you need to carry anything large you just need to remove the cross members.
John.

Rioja John

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Murray fitted it with in the price of the bed it didn’t take him long at all and very easy to remove also it rests on the rear folded seats.
You can remove a single seat near sliding door to give you more room to get into the bed as a section of the mattress can be unzipped and this gives a narrower bed.
We are having a double front seat swivel fitted and this will give us more room and easier access to the bed.

John.

speights

Did try using the Van King mattress on its own but just couldn't get comfortable. So added a mattress topper and now super comfy....
I have recently had a van king fitted. Can I ask where you sourced your mattress topper from? Thanks in advance.

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I use various size plastic boxes from The Range, B and Q. They can be bought for the size of contents, not as heavy to lift in and out, being clear can see what's inside etc. The only thing cannot fit under is the blow up drive away awning, tables and chairs. So at the moment travel on top. Have a bike rack that will take the chairs and tables, bulky but not as heavy as bikes. Have only done this once, and missed the rear view mirror. I could go rear camera, but not struck, i.e. fitting purchase cost, mounting. Don't believe as good as a mirror. So a compromise I suppose.
Slide out look swanky, but you lose as much as a couple of tables of storage etc. Personal choice!