Van insurance

Pink78

Hi guys, after just hearing about a guy who had his campervan stolen and insurance not paying as he had is brake Callipers painted. Made me think who is the best insurance company? I’m currently with Adrian flux

Hi guys, after just hearing about a guy who had his campervan stolen and insurance not paying as he had is brake Callipers painted. Made me think who is the best insurance company? I’m currently with Adrian flux

Also with Adrian Flux. Couldn't fault their quote the last few years but was disappointed when I got charged an admin fee and slight premium increase for telling them I'd had a Ghost Imobiliser fitted! Was expecting a discount!

Apparently they will review position depending on the colour of caliper ................

I use Brentacre. I’ve found them to be really good. No admin fees or premium increases to cover modifications as long as they’re not performance enhancements though I suspect a few of them offer that.

Just renewed my insurance with Adrian Flux. I paid £490 in 2019 when I bought the van. This included breakdown cover and excess protection. I had no NCB as this was my first time insuring a vehicle myself (company cars and named on the wife’s). Since that time, I’ve written off a company car.
My renewal came through a few weeks ago for £500 but I hadn’t informed AF of the accident. Naturally, I shopped around for quotes trying a comparison site. It came back with one result - £1200!!!
Well, I thought that seeing as I’d written off a car, that was the consequence. I called AF and advised them of the accident. I’ve kept the terms the same as before, informed them of the recent mods (lowering, splitter etc.) and added the wife to the insurance also. Imagine my surprise when the quote came back at £540!! Really pleased as I thought it would be £1k upwards!

Back