Van Fire! Parts Needed.

ei-aprilia

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Ok so I accidentally set my van on fire today, yep not the cleverest thing to do that's for sure, I'm going to need at least the following.

Rear triple in simora
Cab roof lining and cubby surround
Sun visors
B pillar trims
Trims for sliding window.

I've scoured ebay and the only things I can come up with are the bench seat and sunvisors. Can anyone tell me if I can get the window parts separately or is it a complete window? The plan tomorrow is to set about taking out all the damaged parts and seeing if I can clean up the smoke damage, the cab is absolutely black. I'd rather avoid an insurance claim if at all possible. Its a working van and I'm self employed. I'd rather keep it working while I'm sorting it.

Any help or tips would be appreciated

Ian

Insurance wont cover all the carpeted panels which I'll have to re do myself anyway. Also previous experience of shoddy repairs by insurance companies on other vehicles. If I do it myself it will be done right. My no claims are protected but £350 excess and years of extra premium will go some way towards the repairs. I also don't get a courtesy vehicle with my policy just direct replacement in event of a write off so would need to hire a van too.

Would it be wrong to ask for some pictures ?

I can sort out new parts for you with a little bit of discount off retail prices if you go that way but we are opposite ends of the country

@Fish
@StudleyGlass

Holy sh%^e, that’s blinking terrible, how did you manage that? I have a lower piece b-pillar in the sandy colour going gash. There is a wee mark on it where the rear mounting point is located.
D6E8890A-FE3F-47E4-9E1A-4CE8BA725400.jpeg
I’ve also got the original roof lining pieces (front and rear with the connector trims - all carpeted in (sorry for the pun) smoke!)

Wow that's super generous of you guy's!
Thank you. I'll upload some pics tomorrow morning. I didn't take any today. Fire started with a power tool battery charger sat on the passenger seat. Only just caught it before the whole van went up. Really lucky, I could have lost everything.

I have sliding window trims for either side (or both) sat doing nothing. Also have two carpeted door panels (twin doors not single slider).

Yours if you need them.

I have top and bottom ,both sides B pillars also if needed (as new) if ya stuck

Wow that's super generous of you guy's!
Thank you. I'll upload some pics tomorrow morning. I didn't take any today. Fire started with a power tool battery charger sat on the passenger seat. Only just caught it before the whole van went up. Really lucky, I could have lost everything.
Take it the charger overheated due to vent holes in base being obstructed by the Upholstery? What did you hit the fire with; CO2? Can’t have been a dry powder extinguisher cos you’d have written off the entire inside of the van with the residue.

Exactly, by the time i got to the van it had burned right through the seat.

I'm over whelmed by everyone's response many many thanks.

Ian

Hi Chaps

Having spent most of the morning scrubbing at the van I've decided to go down the insurance route. The paint work is yellowed, lower dash plastics are black too. Having stripped back a few layers its obvious the smoke damage is far worse than I first thought. Insurance has been notified and an assessor is coming out to have a look. I wouldn't be surprised if its an uneconomical repair, Vans a 4motion LWB Highline too, not a cheap van :(

Thanks to everyone again for their offers of help.

Ian

Gutted for you fella. Have seen many a fire/ smoke damaged vehicle, and i’m sorry to say most get written off. I hope that yours is mainly cosmetic (I.e plastic panels and the seats) because as soon as it involves the wiring loom, even if paintwork isn’t damaged, they’ll generally not touch it.

:D I was gutted too, feel much better about the whole situation now.
Van is being assessed on Friday, already looking at new vans in case mines a gonner. loved my van but at the end of the day its only metal and can be replaced :)

:D I was gutted too, feel much better about the whole situation now.
Van is being assessed on Friday, already looking at new vans in case mines a gonner. loved my van but at the end of the day its only metal and can be replaced :)
Absolutely right.

Back