Review: Van Doc Ltd / Vandoc Conversions Ltd

Seems to me that the OP has posted a factual post and invited peeps to make their own mind up.l which some have done.

The subject of the thread has responded appropriately, and dealt with the issues head on.

nowt more nowt less.

It’s laid bare for others to decide where they take their business.

End of.

Now now this appears to be a personal witch hunt as I have had a full conversion carried out by vandoc back in March 2017, any problems I have had have been rectified free of charge, my Van is actually having some Hilo roof rectification work carried out right now by the vandoc team, if your wondering what the zips on the front window have displaced and a strap has broken along with a internal hinge problem Now these are being rectified for free at no cost to myself, Also I am having some battery mods done to help with longevity of the battery’s free of charge because Vandoc contacted me and said we would like to modify certain aspects of our original install.
1. To stop the touch lights in roof when closed from switching on by themselves due to static, this is being rectified FREE of charge.
2. Hinge replacement to the inside bed board FREE of charge.
So it is unfortunate that someone who had some done by Vandoc is holding a grudge against them and is causing a small family business such stress and heart ache as my experience with them has been a good experience when it comes to customer service.

Now I am a consultant and I understand about these small businesses going into liquidation, so if they have anything to hide think of this why set up in the same name as a previous company oh yes I know why because they love the business and want to make it work not like a cowboy builder, DONT TAR THEM WITH THE SAME BRUSH COME ON PEOPLE.

I have advised vandoc to take this further and get a solicitor involved this to me seems like SLANDER and harassment any business lost because of this post should be compensated for.
So you don't think how he was treated was appalling? I can tell by your knowledge of the law, your literacy and your grammar, that you are definitely a real "consultant" with lots of legal experience and should be taken really seriously. We would love to hear more of your valued opinion on the matter.

So you don't think how he was treated was appalling? I can tell by your knowledge of the law, your literacy and your grammar, that you are definitely a real "consultant" with lots of legal experience and should be taken really seriously. We would love to hear more of your valued opinion on the matter.

I think you will find that slander is spoken word. Libel is written. Not exactly great knowledge.

I find his liberal use of scary CAPITAL LETTERS really swings the argument for me. I’ve completely changed my mind, I’m definitely in favour of companies phoenixing themselves out of trouble from now on.

I don’t see why only joining today and only replying on this thread is an issue??

Phil was here when we saw the post and saw how upset myself and Laura were over it.

We don’t understand why a thread needed to be started, if Mr Bray had only rang and spoke to us we would of explained the situation.

As Phil stated we are a small family run business and we do take this to heart, Phil was just trying to put the thread straight.

Surely getting the facts and information first, would of been better than assuming the worst

Dean

I don’t see why only joining today and only replying on this thread is an issue??

Phil was here when we saw the post and saw how upset myself and Laura were over it.

We don’t understand why a thread needed to be started, if Mr Bray had only rang and spoke to us we would of explained the situation.

As Phil stated we are a small family run business and we do take this to heart, Phil was just trying to put the thread straight.

Surely getting the facts and information first, would of been better than assuming the worst

Dean
Can you highlight any areas in the original post which you think are not factually accurate then please?

Dean,

It's good that you have come here and put your point of view across - thank you. It is also good that you are honouring previous warranties - most companies don't. Hence the original post, and other people's concerns.

The fact still remains that a new company has risen from the previous one, and we don't know what caused the failure of the previous one. We could draw conclusions from the publicly available documents on the Companies House website, but that's dangerous for people like me who are relatively ignorant of insolvency laws.

It would help if you explained a bit more about what happened, and why the new company will not go the same way.

Pete

In all seriousness, you might want to take some legal advice (as in genuine legal advice, not from a "consultant") on passing off under section 216 Insolvency Act 1986. Not saying that's what you're doing, but does need to be borne in mind

Can you highlight any areas in the original post which you think are not factually accurate then please?

“The part where it states the warranties are now void”
yes legally they are, but had Mr Bray asked the question he would of been reassured, that all warranties are still valid within the time frame

“The part where it states the warranties are now void”
yes legally they are, but had Mr Bray asked the question he would of been reassured, that all warranties are still valid within the time frame
Thank you. So if the rest is correct can you see why he felt aggrieved enough to want to vent his frustration about the events listed?

Thank you. So if the rest is correct can you see why he felt aggrieved enough to want to vent his frustration about the events listed?
Well, that bit was also correct - a "legally void" warranty is indeed a void warranty. A goodwill gesture to honour a former company's warranty, whilst an honourable gesture, isn't of course enforceable

Dean,

It's good that you have come here and put your point of view across - thank you. It is also good that you are honouring previous warranties - most companies don't. Hence the original post, and other people's concerns.

The fact still remains that a new company has risen from the previous one, and we don't know what caused the failure of the previous one. We could draw conclusions from the publicly available documents on the Companies House website, but that's dangerous for people like me who are relatively ignorant of insolvency laws.

It would help if you explained a bit more about what happened, and why the new company will not go the same way.

Pete

Hi Pete

I didn’t think I’d have to explain the reasons why the company went into Liquidation, as I never thought I’d be publicly shamed for doing so. I’m not a rouge trader that takes people’s money and runs away, as you can see I’ve tried to keep the name I love as close as possible. I have serviced the VW community for many years and have made a successful business from it, which has come from hard work and dedication

To answer your question about why this happened, around 2017/18 we employed a member of staff to manage the running of the business ie booking work in, ordering parts, invoicing, general running of the day to day business, which would leave myself and my team to crack on with the work. Unfortunately due to the incompetence of the staff member we were overbooked, parts not ordered and customers having delays, it almost felt like we grew too big over night, but really it wasn’t being managed properly, which I am fully to blame as I’m the owner. By this time the damage had already been done and monies and discounts were taken off invoices as compensation and freebies, which all had a huge knock on effect, which is why the company had to be dissolved

Myself and my wife Laura are now fully in control of the company, this wasn’t an option at the time as we had young children.

I’m very proud of my company, which is why I’ve kept it as close to the old name as possible

The funny thing is I was really embarrassed by doing this as I do feel like I failed, but to make matters worse the guy who was dealing with the insolvency was a previous customer who was very shocked and saddened, but reassured me I was doing the right thing for the company and my family

Regards
Dean

Back