Van alarm going off at 6am

czmate1999

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi All,

Alarm started going off at 6am this morning. Battery appeared to be dead. Haven’t used van since 27 Oct. is this normal? Has the cold caused it to drain quicker?

cheers

Cz.

Hi ..How old is the battery ...average life 3/5 to 4/6 years but don’t forget the the temperatures outside are dropping as winter approaches...trickle charge the battery and monitor its charge if it’s not performing and is old ...time for new battery

the battery is a Varta. It’s a 69 plate van. Wife turned leisure power off on 27th and I am wondering if this has stopped any solar feed through to the vehicle battery... even so that seems a bit quick, under 2 weeks, for the battery to go...

other than the normal bits the van has BlackVue cameras installed.

A battery should in theory last over a few months before it gets to that stage but it could depend on its use prior to being parked up. Loads of short runs then nothing would leave it in a low state of charge when you left it. I have left my previous A6 over 4-5 weeks and it started off the key and it was over 5 years old. Smart charger to condition and slowly bring it back to life.

A battery should in theory last over a few months before it gets to that stage but it could depend on its use prior to being parked up. Loads of short runs then nothing would leave it in a low state of charge when you left it. I have left my previous A6 over 4-5 weeks and it started off the key and it was over 5 years old. Smart charger to condition and slowly bring it back to life.
I had driven from Kent to lands end and back within a four day period....

I have used hookup cable and plugged her in to charge the battery up...

The good news is that Lidl’s have chargers and jump-starters coming in tomorrow. Handy things to have in the garage for not much money!

As above...Charge battery...monitor its performance to check for any discharge.....As a standard vehicle it should not have any battery drain but it’s when (including me ) we start to add leisure batteries and a like..that things can go wrong

@JOG interesting, thanks for pointing out.

I wonder how good the jump-starter is? May be tempted!

I bought a couple of years ago before my first Cali. Used it to start SWMBO’s Freelander (2 litre diesel) and it turned it over quiet happily.
I bought the trickle charger later and it charged my Cali’s battery back from dead.
I am not great mechanically but it’s handy to have.

I bought a couple of years ago before my first Cali. Used it to start SWMBO’s Freelander (2 litre diesel) and it turned it over quiet happily.
I bought the trickle charger later and it charged my Cali’s battery back from dead.
I am not great mechanically but it’s handy to have.
Just noticed the NOCO Boost GB70 is reduced again on Amazon @£135.99. Not quite as good as it was a month or so ago @£119.99 but very tempting too!

Just noticed the NOCO Boost GB70 is reduced again on Amazon @£135.99. Not quite as good as it was a month or so ago @£119.99 but very tempting too!
I have one in the van - haven’t used it yet...

Yep! A lot folk on here rate the NOCO. Then again, a lot of folk on here know more about all things van matters than I do! (Which, in fairness, wouldn’t be hard!!!)

Yay, I managed to copy a link from the forum! *pats back!

Hi ...Please don’t shoot me if not totally right....A battery assist or jump start would really only get the van started, it would not necessarily put all the power back...a trickle charge/conditioner would restore the battery back to full health

Back