Valet / Detailing - winter coat

Adrian72

Hi All,

I'm after getting my van cleaned, polished etc and then a proctective coat and have it done professionally (I've just had the bodywork touched up).

Can you recommend a good firm?

I live in Manchester (M29) and work either in Widnes (WA8) or Holmes Chapel (CW4) and have no issues with travelling to get the right job (within reason).

Nothing worse than a dirty van

I firmly disagree. I like to build up a solid layer of muck over the winter to protect the van. It should be a good inch thick by January. I do, of course, clean around my door handle and and the tailgate. Passengers can do one! It's starting to get the two tone look, grey bottom, Blackberry top, full grey tailgate. I don't know why VW don't offer this in the brochures.

Obviously it's important not to forget the alloys. Matt black ( brake pad grey ) on the fronts and slightly dull grey on the backs.

Hi All,

I'm after getting my van cleaned, polished etc and then a proctective coat and have it done professionally (I've just had the bodywork touched up).

Can you recommend a good firm?

I live in Manchester (M29) and work either in Widnes (WA8) or Holmes Chapel (CW4) and have no issues with travelling to get the right job (within reason).

Hi,

Did you find someone in the end? I can recommend some options your way...

Hi Clydiee,

I did get sorted. I ended up going to Ultra Pro in Reddish. It wasnt an all singing & dancing option, just a polish and wax which should last over the winter period.

Who would you reccomend? Its always good to have options.

Hi Clydiee,

I did get sorted. I ended up going to Ultra Pro in Reddish. It wasnt an all singing & dancing option, just a polish and wax which should last over the winter period.

Who would you reccomend? Its always good to have options.
If you're happy to travel, then Nick at CleanDetail (Doncaster) is first class!!! If you want someone nearer I can ask on the Professional Valeters and Detailers Association forum for someone in your area...?

Back