Sold Valence U27-12XP Series 12V 138ah Lifepo4 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't gadget john have something similar (golf cart battery) and had a load of issues due to the way they were designed to be charged?

Didn't gadget john have something similar (golf cart battery) and had a load of issues due to the way they were designed to be charged?
Yeh. I posted about that at the time (will have to dig out the link)

His "mate" gave him poor advice about charging the battery's. So ended up with flat battery's. (VSR I think)

He needed a dc-dc charger.

How much was shipping @DXX ?
About a tenner (EDIT 10.56), I used Parcelforce, cheaper services available but Parcelforce always deliver at a regular time in my area. “Vehicle parts”, 20Kg, package was 37x30x35cm but you’ll need to verify that yours is packed the same. Use Parcel2Go.com and you can compare prices.
It was delivered in 2 days, I’ll get it up and running tomorrow, weather too good today for messing about in the workshop.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday. :thumbsup: I have been doing some rough bench testing using the software and it is over 90% capacity (~125 Ah). Has 63 charge/discharge cycles logged but that is nothing compared to the >4000 cycles it should do.
Very pleased with it. Thank you very much for arranging the group buy deal @Dellmassive :mexican wave:

Last edited:
Why is it when I have a perfectly adequate AGM battery and one of these won’t fit my install I keep feeling I really “need” one on these. o_O

Why is it when I have a perfectly adequate AGM battery and one of these won’t fit my install I keep feeling I really “need” one on these. o_O
Get two and build a battery box in the back . . . .

Mine arrived yesterday. :thumbsup: I have been doing some rough bench testing using the software and it is over 90% capacity (~125 Ah). Has 63 charge/discharge cycles logged but that is nothing compared to the >4000 cycles it should do.
Very pleased with it. Thank you very much for arranging the group buy deal @Dellmassive :mexican wave:
Glad you like them.... post some pics over on the Lithium "How I done it" thread.

Hi @Dellmassive I will PM you as would like one of these if they are still available.

Just like to echo other people's comments regarding the research and testing you have done with these batteries, outstanding work

Quick Q regarding the collection/delivery by courier. Did people declare that it was a lithium battery being transported or take the risk? Also did people insure the item, as surely you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with it being classed as a prohibited item with some couriers already mentioned?

Cheers, Adam

Quick Q regarding the collection/delivery by courier. Did people declare that it was a lithium battery being transported or take the risk? Also did people insure the item, as surely you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with it being classed as a prohibited item with some couriers already mentioned?

Cheers, Adam
’car part’, your‘re correct there is no point in insuring and who knows what would happen if....

Car bracket as they wouldn’t except just car part it was too generic and no insurance Royal Mail parcel force 48 before 09;00 arrived early too £28

So I took a punt and followed @DXX example and used ParcelForce via Parcels2Go. Battery turned up intact although the delivery driver did give me a quizzical look as he struggled to put it on the doorstep! Lol.

Big thanks to @Dellmassive for arranging the group buy via the forum and sorting out communication. I'll hopefully hook up to it over the weekend and post the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back