V5 Query

A thousand pound Saving doesn’t interest you... ok?

It’s a “downgrade” in specification and I seriously doubt your insurer will care....
Call your insurer up and ask them as no matter what anyone says on here you won’t know until you ask your insurer.

In the context of this thread ie incorrect number of seats, specifically, 5 in van v’s 6 on the V5, the reduction in premium doesn't interest me as it would be negligible. I’m concerned for the OP and any potential grief should they have a claim.

Regarding my van, yes I was pleased with the £1k reduction losing a seat but the primary driver was SWMBO having a comfy captains chair that didn’t aggravate her back. :D

okay, so what happens when you take a seat out of your car / van for transporting goods? Just because your V5 says a 5 seater and you've removed the single seat in the middle row..... will they invalidate your insurance because you've removed the seat? How many of us run vans without some of the seats for days, weeks month at a time? Loads I'm sure.
The miss match in seat numbers is because some kombi's come with a of twin front seat and others a captains chair.... i really can't see how it's a potential issue.

okay, so what happens when you take a seat out of your car / van for transporting goods? Just because your V5 says a 5 seater and you've removed the single seat in the middle row..... will they invalidate your insurance because you've removed the seat? How many of us run vans without some of the seats for days, weeks month at a time? Loads I'm sure.
The miss match in seat numbers is because some kombi's come with a of twin front seat and others a captains chair.... i really can't see how it's a potential issue.

I agree, no issue if you temporarily remove seats. The only issue might be the other way, for instance if you had 3 seats on the V5 and added some extra seats behind.

You’re right - less actual seats than V5 states isnt going to be an issue. Just more than.

Long changed since the days of being in the back of my mates dads bedford CF sitting on an old telly?

Thank once again for your replies and did not mean to cause any offence to other forum members or stir things up. My post was merely to seek opinions and if it would affect anything like tax or any other factors that it would impact on. Once again thank you for your responses.

Thanks for this discussion all - I came across this with a van I am thinking of buying and suddenly got worried that all was not kosher! You have put my mind at rest :)

Reactions: CAB
Back