V5 logbook change to camper

Jimbo B

Hi.
I've recently tried to Change my v5 from a van to a camper. My T6 has been professionally converted inside and out. It has a pop top and windows all round. The DVLA has said the inside of the van is fine but the outside still looks like a van and needs caravan style graphics. Does anyone know what I will get away with? as I don’t like big graphics.
Help please
Thanks

You'll not get it registered as a camper whatever you try. Best you'll get is van with windows.

Hi.
I've recently tried to Change my v5 from a van to a camper. My T6 has been professionally converted inside and out. It has a pop top and windows all round. The DVLA has said the inside of the van is fine but the outside still looks like a van and needs caravan style graphics. Does anyone know what I will get away with? as I don’t like big graphics.
Help please
Thanks
Read as much of this as you can and then give up and move to acceptance... V5 Documentation - DVLA Rule Change For Motor Caravan Reregistration June 2019

Read this:

Bottom Line - you will not get it changed.

Pete

Indeed, but you need to change the outside more i.e. high top roof.

Pete

PS You have posted too many pictures - suggest you edit your post !

Hi.
Help please
Thanks
Just get a company to stick some graphics on the sides,take a photo then remove them again

They are looking for more fundamental changes than that - it’s all in the thread referenced above.

Pete

It won't make a difference graphics or not.. Only with a high top will you manage to get it changed... Pop top doesn't count...

I recently sent the DVLA 20+ photos to show mine as a camper, they returned it with an official letter stating in traffic it still looks like a van with windows... and that there decision was final..

Back