VAG Technik, Manchester

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just had my fisrt work carried out by by David and his team at VAGTechnik in Eccles, Manchester (not too far from Trafford centre.).

Very impressed with the communication from first contact to collecting the van after the work was complete.

David was fast to reply to all my questions about the work to be carried out - timing (cam) belt change with tensioner and water pump.

I asked him what kit was being used as I had hear something about a recall.

After the work was complete I received an email with some photos attached:

New belt:
Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.04.43.png

Old belt:
Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 17.05.56.png

David is obviously a real enthusiast as he has a lovely modified T6.

Even got a VW Up to use for the day.

My van will not be taken anywhere else from now on.
Worth travelling to in my humble opinion.
Thanks David.

Just had my fisrt work carried out by by David and his team at VAGTechnik in Eccles, Manchester (not too far from Trafford centre.).

Very impressed with the communication from first contact to collecting the van after the work was complete.

David was fast to reply to all my questions about the work to be carried out - timing (cam) belt change with tensioner and water pump.

I asked him what kit was being used as I had hear something about a recall.

After the work was complete I received an email with some photos attached:

New belt:
View attachment 57973

Old belt:
View attachment 57974

David is obviously a real enthusiast as he has a lovely modified T6.

Even got a VW Up to use for the day.

My van will not be taken anywhere else from now on.
Worth travelling to in my humble opinion.
Thanks David.

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking - what was the price re timing belt change, tensioner and water pump - some people seem not to have the tensioner done but those in the know seem to strongly advise this. Van will be 4 years old in Sept - seems a big expense so soon but hey...

Now van is more than 3 years old I'm not sure whether to stick with main VW dealer. Manchester - my experience so far has actually been OK. However I've asked for quotes in the past for work - the labour charge is ridiculous - I'm sure it's around £160 an hour if not even more - whilst larger companies us them no matter it's a very prohibitive rate for an individual.

I'm over in Denton so a trip to Eccles isn't a problem. I was looking at Volksmaster - but seen a couple of highly recommends for VAGTechnik - always the measure for me.

Thanks

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking - what was the price re timing belt change, tensioner and water pump - some people seem not to have the tensioner done but those in the know seem to strongly advise this. Van will be 4 years old in Sept - seems a big expense so soon but hey...

Now van is more than 3 years old I'm not sure whether to stick with main VW dealer. Manchester - my experience so far has actually been OK. However I've asked for quotes in the past for work - the labour charge is ridiculous - I'm sure it's around £160 an hour if not even more - whilst larger companies us them no matter it's a very prohibitive rate for an individual.

I'm over in Denton so a trip to Eccles isn't a problem. I was looking at Volksmaster - but seen a couple of highly recommends for VAGTechnik - always the measure for me.

Thanks
£350 inc VAT. Tell him I recommended him. Hopefully if plenty of the forum go he may get involved :thumbsup:

£350 inc VAT. Tell him I recommended him. Hopefully if plenty of the forum go he may get involved :thumbsup:

Hi,

Thanks - looking at their reviews etc they see a great set up and actually care - something I've found lacking from VW Commercial.

I'd checked out their Facebook page - does indeed say "Full Timing belt kit and water pump replacement for £350 inclusive of VAT ".

However.... "After 2013 VAG Group started to use the Electro magnetic controlled water pump on some of the TDI models. This has increased the cost to £440" so either you got a bargain or Transporters don't have the electro magnetic pump??? Assuming the latter? Sorry - I'm not technical....

Just call them up. They’ll take your reg number and tell you what kind your van has and the price.

Planning on using VAG Technik Manchester as they are near me.
Mines coming upto 4yrs old so probably Belt, pump etc & don't think DSG oil got done at 3yrs so will probably need that as well!
Good to hear positive reviews, thanks

Planning on using VAG Technik Manchester as they are near me.
Mines coming upto 4yrs old so probably Belt, pump etc & don't think DSG oil got done at 3yrs so will probably need that as well!
Good to hear positive reviews, thanks
I thought DSG oil change was 4yrs, happy to be proven wrong though.

Back