Used Head Unit

Kwp0906

T6 Pro
I'm looking at upgrading the head unit on a van and see that there are plenty of genuine ones about on the used market from salvaged vehicles but there seems to be conflicting information as to whether or not they would work once installed into a different vehicle.
Many say "sold with code" but does anyone have a definitive answer as to whether or not all the features (sat nav/bluetooth/camera) would work?

There isn't a definitive answer unfortunately, it depends on the unit and the vehicle it came from. Generally the opinion is that if it's from a T6 it will have component protection and will not work in another vehicle. A T5 unit with code almost certainly will, as will one of the RCD330 plus units from China that I and a few others have recently upgraded to Rcd330+

Thanks for your reply, it was a discover media unit I was looking at buying and fitting to a 2018 T6. If there's a more than even chance that it won't work then its back to the drawing board.

Interested in the rcd330+

Essentially looking for a head unit that will support front and rear cameras and sat nav (through android phone)

Is this going to be the best option?

Thanks for your reply, it was a discover media unit I was looking at buying and fitting to a 2018 T6. If there's a more than even chance that it won't work then its back to the drawing board.

Interested in the rcd330+

Essentially looking for a head unit that will support front and rear cameras and sat nav (through android phone)

Is this going to be the best option?
I've replied to your pm but just seen this post. I have no experience with Android phones but I am aware that it's much more fussy about resistance in the USB cable so you would have to keep it as short as possible. Having read through anything I can find online about the RCD330, I also believe that it doesn't support the latest version of Android Auto and it may be a more basic interface.

Perhaps someone who uses Android could chip in with their experiences?

Back