USB HUB/Splitter Box for Comfort Console

Keefff

150 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just completed a Comfort Centre Console fit and ended up zip tie-ing the dash USB inside the dash and feeding a usb and aux cable through to the cubby hole on centre console. Does anyone know if there’s a kit or part no’s for parts to split the usb feed to a secondary socket see pic of what I think I need!

67AE877C-E156-4775-8687-06B507B9D8F8.jpeg

BB4CAE20-3778-480F-9E35-D3119D4A5A0B.jpeg

49075882-44D0-41CC-9039-CCC45A73E6C2.jpeg

1609147434255.png
Hello,
you have to change your green cable to yellow-green (like in this picture).
HSD cable 500mm part no: 000098600R
or

HSD cable 1000mm part no: 000098600S

and plugs separately (you can read the numbers from those you already have - green for splitter, yellow for MID).

1609147786794.png

Thanks @AlexJoe - I’ll study your photo. It doesn’t look as simple as I thought! Do you know the part no of the splitter box itself? What is the MID? If that’s the 3.5 aux connection, I’ll leave that as a single socket in its original position.

Nice job on the dash fit, mind me asking where you got the parts please for the comfort dash?

@david173 It took me a while to understand the the part no’s for upper dash Gloss Black (GVK) or Titan black lower dash (82V). Once I understood it I was able to wait and buy off eBay or Third Party Suppliers. My local dealer and vwsupply.co.uk twice mugged me off & wouldn’t order as my VIN number didn’t match. OEMVWshop.com provided my centre console and cup holder and www.partshaus.co.uk provided the top gloss black cubby hole. The upper glove box and wood effect trim is from Van-x. The whole project was not cheap, I must have spent about £1k on it!! On top the door cards are Caravelle Executive from Ebay (Poland) at £400 for a pair.

External ports:
1609173844319.png
PR-CODES:
1609173892906.png
9ZXVTVMobile phone interface
9W0VTVWithout car phone preparation/ installation
9ZEVTVComfort telephone system
9IEVTVMobile phone interface with WLAN (BT interface)
9IFVTVComfort telephony with WLAN

@david173 It took me a while to understand the the part no’s for upper dash Gloss Black (GVK) or Titan black lower dash (82V). Once I understood it I was able to wait and buy off eBay or Third Party Suppliers. My local dealer and vwsupply.co.uk twice mugged me off & wouldn’t order as my VIN number didn’t match. OEMVWshop.com provided my centre console and cup holder and www.partshaus.co.uk provided the top gloss black cubby hole. The upper glove box and wood effect trim is from Van-x. The whole project was not cheap, I must have spent about £1k on it!! On top the door cards are Caravelle Executive from Ebay (Poland) at £400 for a pair.
Lovely work! The cost is scary though!

Nice job on the dash fit, mind me asking where you got the parts please for the comfort dash?
N
Do you have a part number for the Gloss Black top cubby hole?

I swapped my lower dash moonrock grey (92W) for Titan black (82V), but a few points. The colour match on the centre comfort console is rubbish! However Autotrader reveals that out of 150 Caravelles for sale, none have a matching Titan black centre console! The cigar socket is a pig to swap over, mine was glued in. Cutting the cab floor around the gear lever requires a decent set of side cutters (I hacked mine a bit). And the USB move is proving troublesome - hence this thread

Hi
Could you please recommend an electrician in W Midlands who could sort out the usb hub in the comfort dash? It never worked properly and now has given up the ghost!
I can’t use Apple CarPlay without it!
Thanks
Suresh

Hi
Could you please recommend an electrician in W Midlands who could sort out the usb hub in the comfort dash? It never worked properly and now has given up the ghost!
I can’t use Apple CarPlay without it!
Thanks
Suresh
Hi and welcome to the forum.

@Dav-Tec is well recommended on the forum, in the East Midlands if you are willing to travel a bit further.

Does anyone have pinout for 5G0035953D?
In each socket, which pin is responsible for what.
Thank you for the help.
There’s a wiring diagram 11 posts up with all the info on it

The 4 pin plug doesn’t look right as there’s no data to it just 0v 5v 12v

Back