USB Hub but as a surface mount

emjga

Sorry I am back again , asking Questions.

The Solar charger Epever VS3024AU has 2 USB Ports Type A
I would like to allow access to those USB ports from the main control area

Basicly need a USB Hub

However was really looking for something that would fit in with the existing control panel stuff which is all made by CBE
So was looking at something like this as a example

i.e has 2 USB sockets but need it to connect to USB Type A on the back NOT 12 Volts

Not managed to find anything yet on Google / Amazon / 12Voltplanet (Would normally use)
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Sorry I am back again , asking Questions.

The Solar charger Epever VS3024AU has 2 USB Ports Type A
I would like to allow access to those USB ports from the main control area

Basicly need a USB Hub

However was really looking for something that would fit in with the existing control panel stuff which is all made by CBE
So was looking at something like this as a example

i.e has 2 USB sockets but need it to connect to USB Type A on the back NOT 12 Volts

Not managed to find anything yet on Google / Amazon / 12Voltplanet (Would normally use)
Any suggestions ?

Thanks
I’d just use the “normal” 12V usb types that you linked to. I can’t see any advantage in extending the USB sockets on the MPPT controller. USB is 5V, if you start running extensions around the van, you’ll get voltage drop & the extended sockets may not give the correct output. If you go the 12V-USB route, the 5V is produced at source.
If you really wanted to utilise the controller sockets, you can by a (short) USB extension cable with a USB A plug on one end and a socket on the other, you could plug this into the controller & bring it out to a more accessible location.

I can see you point of view

The batteries and the control panel are less than 1.2m so could use pre made wiring Like this and the above cbe sockets to go direct from the battery

Back