Bodyshop - Sheffield

dennismo

150 Kombi Edition - LV Sportline
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all.

Urgent request for help... My van was hit whilst parked up on a job today. Hit in a secure compound by a bin lorry (!!!). Driver admitted full responsibility but need to find a repairer through insurance that I'm going to trust to work on my vehicle.
I've read horror stories on here about paint work not being matched etc... Can anyone recommend anyone in the Sheffield area?

Here is a photo of the horrible mess that it currently is!! :mad::thumbsdown::cry:

Image-11.jpeg

Oh mate gutted for you, Speak with @Dav-Tec as he has a few body shops where his new unit, the downside is it in Nottingham, 50 miles away.

If they are decent I would certainly travel though.

You could also try Paintwork in Loughborough again a trek but these guys are well thought of and do some amazing stuff on T6 vans.

Thanks so much @Texxaco. I’ve met with @Dav-Tec about doing some other work on my van (was going to book in soon) so I’d be well up for any recommendations he has! Paintworx did cross my mind too…so if people would recommend them, I could look to try and travel!

I wondered about contacting VW for their recommended repairers? But feel like someone (maybe @Tourershine?) had a bit of a horror story?

Any further tips much appreciated. Thanks team.

might be worth calling your insurance company and asking them about the nearest "VW CV approved repairer".

then contact them directly.

my story:

might be worth calling your insurance company and asking them about the nearest "VW CV approved repairer".

then contact them directly.

my story:

This has been super valuable advice. I’ve actually now spoken to the people here: Accident Repair - basically, as it’s very much a non-fault claim - they have been willing to take this on without me even needing to go through my own insurance, and will liaise directly with the third party insurer to recover all the costs. This way, they’ll make sure I get a VW Approved repair, with 3 year warranty etc, and I won’t even need to stand my own excess in the interim period until that’s claimed back. Super impressed with them so far… will try to keep updates coming on here! Thanks to all for help!

Back