Upper-Glovebox with Cover wanted.

Glenn

Hey peeps,

I’m after the upper glovebox that has a lid on as opposed to the empty cubbyhole. Can anyone help me find one ?
I have seen them on eBay but I don’t really want to pay around £150 (or is that what they go for ?)

28F21107-F125-40A2-8D45-92BABE8B018E.jpeg

1AEEE71B-2838-4BCE-8943-390A5099B184.png

8A75CC3F-7B9B-41B7-B0E0-6F913A80D59F.jpeg

Have you looked at Van-X website?.
OEM ones don't fit standard dash, Unless you modify the opening for it to fit.

Yes, the instructions are simple enough. You have to remove the lower glovebox and passenger vent surround (which I snapped but will replace that soon) before you can get the existing one out but a set of trim tools and well placed force got it done. Took about 10mins.

Yes, the instructions are simple enough. You have to remove the lower glovebox and passenger vent surround (which I snapped but will replace that soon) before you can get the existing one out but a set of trim tools and well placed force got it done. Took about 10mins.
Coolio, I’ll get one then. How did you snap the vent ?

This is on my list of goodies, has been for a while... pay day seems to only come round every four weeks though....

This is on my list of goodies, has been for a while... pay day seems to only come round every four weeks though....
I’m also interested in one of these can anyone tell me is the new glovebox exactly the same size & shape inside or have they been able to make the bottom of it a littlemore rectangler ? Also what’s the quality like for the hinged lid & latch? Many thanks

I’m also interested in one of these can anyone tell me is the new glovebox exactly the same size & shape inside or have they been able to make the bottom of it a littlemore rectangler ? Also what’s the quality like for the hinged lid & latch? Many thanks

Sorry, picture taken when it was dark but hopefully you can see the inside shape of the glove box. Mine came supplied with the rubber insert you can see at the back. Stops things rattling and sliding about. I would describe the quality of the lid and latch as reasonable. Not factory fit robust, but seems sufficient to do the job so long as it's not abused.

20181112_220113.jpg

Last edited:
Back