Upgrading to the bigger ‘T32’ brakes

Littleblackflash

Auto Engineer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
My front disc need replacing but I would like to upgrade them.
When towing my car on the trailer it really doesn't have that initial bite and they fade to much. I can't afford a REVO kit so I'm thinking of a upgrading to T32 brakes which is only £400, and given my small discs are £200 for Brembo ones from EuroCarParts it's not much more.
I’m bigger than the required 17” (I have 20" wheels) so clearance of the callipers is no concern (although I'm not sure about my spare wheel).

I assume T32 brakes fit any T6 ??

Do I need to upgrade the master cylinder or are they all the same size?

Be aware when buying these not all T32's come with the larger calipers. Some have the smaller calipers. Also if your spare is a 16" steel it won't fit over the larger caliper - you do need a 17" steel as you well know.
HTH

My front disc need replacing but I would like to upgrade them.
When towing my car on the trailer it really doesn't have that initial bite and they fade to much. I can't afford a REVO kit so I'm thinking of a upgrading to T32 brakes which is only £400, and given my small discs are £200 for Brembo ones from EuroCarParts it's not much more.
I’m bigger than the required 17” (I have 20" wheels) so clearance of the callipers is no concern (although I'm not sure about my spare wheel).

I assume T32 brakes fit any T6 ??

Do I need to upgrade the master cylinder or are they all the same size?
Interested in this too, it looks like you need the caliper mounting brackets to me and possibly a different brake hose? Master cylinder should be fine

there is no such thing as t32 brakes.

ok, but I hope you know what I mean. Originally only the T32 came with the larger diameter brakes, but more recently they come with both.

Interested in this too, it looks like you need the caliper mounting brackets to me and possibly a different brake hose? Master cylinder should be fine

Brackets are included. I didn't think about the hose. Does anyone know if the hose is a different length?

Are they a better brake or isn't it much of an upgrade.

Last edited:
ok, but I hope you know what I mean. Originally only the T32 came with the larger diameter brakes, but more recently they come with both.

Brackets are included. I didn't think about the hose. Does anyone know if the hose is a different length?

unless you had the largest output engine then you do not get big brakes just because it is a t32.

i have had several t32 from t5 to t6 and not one has ever had the big brakes.

i understand what you mean but it misleading if someone searches and finds dud info.

Ah good news that the brackets come with! No idea on the hose... Only one way to find out :thumbsup:

They are 340mm discs so should be a nice upgrade!

unless you had the largest output engine then you do not get big brakes just because it is a t32.

i have had several t32 from t5 to t6 and not one has ever had the big brakes.

i understand what you mean but it misleading if someone searches and finds dud info.

My 2017 T32 150 came with the big brakes so what you say isn't correct.

Pretty sure it's just down to whether the 17" chassis is specced on the vehicle build sheet.

Reactions: mmi
I Hva e customer who has just taken a set of a brand new delivery mileage 'big' brakes van if anyone is interested, happy to pass on his details if anyone is interested

DM me

As far as I’m aware it’s standard equipment on all T32 bi-turbo models inc’ the Euro5 180ps. It’s an option on other vans with 17” wheels.

Reactions: mmi
Yes I know someone with 150 that came with big brakes, it's a kombi so maybe that's the difference?
This one's a shuttle if that makes a difference.

My 150 kombi didn't come with them but its a swb t30

Back